Roy Keane being sued (1 Viewer)

OP
Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #2
    Just noticed...back to being a promising youngster again.
    I only wish it was true in real life.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    The tackle looked indeed very ugly, from what I know of Keane I have no problems believing it was intentionally nasty. I've never been a fan of Keane anyway but I say he deserves anything he gets in court, good thing Haaland was the victim and not a more fragile player who would have hung up his boots by now.

But the biographies are starting to get on people's nerves now I think...

Ps. If you wish to upgrade your status, click the link in my signature. :)

OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    What I don't understand is this.... the book was read by the Publishers lawyers, Man Utd's lawyers and no doubt Keanes' lawyers...and yet it still goes out with this section which is without doubt going to cause at the very least controversy.

However...Keane has no-one to blame but himself...he should learn to let bye gones be bye gones...including his dispute with McCarthy.

Hi Alex...long time man...no need to update me...I like being a yougster again.
    See ya

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
    Controversy sells, that's why they put in one or two of these things in between a bunch of crap about how they like to tie their shoe-laces.
    If anyone would like to read a footballers biography that's worth reading I can recommend Tony Adams' book.

PS: Keane writes a lot of shit about McCarthy aswell.

OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    ++ [ originally posted by Sivori ] ++
    Controversy sells, that's why they put in one or two of these things in between a bunch of crap about how they like to tie their shoe-laces.
    If anyone would like to read a footballers biography that's worth reading I can recommend Tony Adams' book.

PS: Keane writes a lot of shit about McCarthy aswell.
    Your correct on all points here.
    I have a lot of time for Tony Adams. He's someone who has experienced the downside that the wealth, power and influence of being a pro footballer in England can provide but ultimately woke up one morning and fought back to become an inspiration to many.

McCarthy and Keane will never bury the hatchet unless it's in each others head. These two are very strong willed men and I don't think Keane will ever admit anything good that McCarthy has done for Ireland.

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
    Keane should be out of irish national team forever , he is jerk , non ethical players , he shouldn't be captin for either national team or man u he always create problems and he does't change his behavior , remember his calshes with vcieira , shearer , mcarthy , wise , worst player in football these days is roy keane !!

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Keane like or hate him is the main reason Manchester united are vey successful today. He is problematic yes but he is too important to Ferguson for Fergie to discard as he did with Stam. Every man united fan will tell you about the guy. With all the problem he caused at the wc, he was still given a hero's welcome in Ireland, hjis name was the one on every Manu united's lips today against west brom and i heard from a friend that the leg giving Halland probs is not the one that Keane kicked

Jul 12, 2002
    I have no opinions abouot Roy Keane, but rather I think common sense should be used in publishing auto-biographies. They should only be put out after retirement.

OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    i heard from a friend that the leg giving Halland probs is not the one that Keane kicked

Apparently he wrote on his web site at the time that the tackle had nothing to do with his major injuries and that , as you say, it was his other leg which was the problem.

However, he can still sue Keane over the tackle as an intentional foul is not covered by the legal defence of " A legal wrong cannot be done to someone who is willing"...ie...football is a tough game and it is accepted that people get injured, but only by accident.

Keanes' ghost writter has said though that it was infact he who wrote this section and used dramatic licence to make the tackle more controversial.

jaansu

Jul 12, 2002
    Keane was given a hero's welcome in the only two places in Ireland that he wouldn't be spat at ie Cork (the city where he is from) and at a friendly between Man U and an Irish league side.

Personally I don't like him, whenever I think of him I think about the World Cup and how we could have done better if he had just kept his mouth shut.

Dockny

Jul 22, 2002
    I think he should get at least a one-year ban from the FA! And United should kick him out, he represent a Club that should not be connected with that kind of behavior!

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
    Personally I don't like the guy, never have, I think he's a complete idiot. I hope he's never allowed to play another WC, he doesn't deserve to after his behaviour this year. In fact I think he should be made an example of and banned from football!

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
    I think admitting that you intenionally try tu hurt someone

is much worse then doing what Rivaldo did (taking a dive to exxaggerate an injury)

I always appreciated the term that my great friend used. When he reffered to MAn U as a boarding school with Fergie being the Principle and all the little man U boys being his small and happy school boy ready to jump off a cliff if he asked him.

Then one day the princple had a problem with this naughty boy who wouldn't stop standing up to him called Roy. So the princple outwitted him by awarding him the role of house prefect (I.E. Team Captain)

Now Princple Fergie controls both his rational side of the team and the most rebellious player seizing control of the two extreme polls. Makes the rest of the Team Easy to Control.

As for the book

Players only write these books to make money
    God knows why
    I mean with a wage as Roy Keane's one can't say he has to
    go around making commericals every 5 seonds......

So I am surprised they actually bother......

But I guess they feel Media has wronged them and all
    and this is a chance for them to say what they want and about who they want............

Anyway I think its all crap.

And if anything really stupid and immature
    to say that you intenianally try to hurt people.

Did he ever get sent off for that launge.....???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)