Romulo Souza Orestes (3 Viewers)

Mister

Apr 4, 2014

Date of birth May 22, 1987 (age 27)
Place of birth Pelotas, Brazil
Height 1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)
Playing position Midfielder, Right back​

Rômulo Souza Orestes Caldeira (born in Pelotas, Brazil, 22 May 1987), commonly known as Rômulo, is a Brazilian-born Italian footballer who currently plays for Verona in the Italian Serie A as a midfielder or right back.

Club career

Early career
Born in Pelotas, Brazil, Rômulo began his professional footballing career within the youth ranks of Caxias in 2002. Having remained within the club's youth academy until 2006, Rômulo then transferred to Juventude, where he made his professional debut. Over the course of one year with the club, he appeared in 20 league matches and scored one goal. The following year, Rômulo was sold to fellow Brazilian side Metropolitano, spending the 2007 and 2008 season with the club before signing with Chapecoense in 2008. After yet another one–year spell, Rômulo signed with Santo André in 2009, before adding to and continuing his status as a journeyman by signing with Cruzeiro in July 2010.

Cruzeiro
On 10 July 2010, Rômulo was officially presented as a reinforcement of Cruzeiro. He made his debut for the Brazilian giants on July 22, in a match against Fluminense. He went on to make 16 appearances for the club that season, scoring one goal. After less than one full calendar year, however, he was sent on loan to Atlético Paranaense.

On 13 April 2011, Rômulo officially joined Atlético Paranaense on loan from Cruzeiro, making just 6 appearances.[1] He returned to Cruzeiro upon the conclusion of the loan agreement, and was soon thereafter sold to Italian Serie A side Fiorentina.

Fiorentina
On 29 June 2011, Rômulo officially joined Fiorentina following the agreement of a permanent transfer from Cruzeiro.[2] He made his debut for La Viola on 21 September 2011 in a 3-0 home victory over Parma. During his first season with the club, Rômulo appeared in just 10 league matches, and started in only 4 of them. During his second season in Serie A, he managed to appear in 20 league fixtures (10 starts), and scored two goals. Despite the improved amount of playing time in his second season, Rômulo was sent out on loan to newly promoted Serie A club Hellas Verona in August 2013, with an option for his new club to acquire 50% of his transfer rights at the end of the 2013–14 Serie A season.

Hellas Verona
Rômulo officially transferred to the northern-Italian side on 13 August 2013, and made his official debut on 24 August in an unexpected 2–1 victory over A.C. Milan at the Stadio Marc'Antonio Bentegodi in what was Verona's first Serie A match since 2002. He went on to become an integral part of the club's starting line-up under coach Andrea Mandorlini as the Scaglieri finished 10th in the league table, nearly qualifying for the UEFA Europa League. He appeared in 32 league matches and scored 6 goals. Verona exercised their option to sign 50% of the player's contractual rights upon the conclusion of the season.

On 14 July 2014, Verona acquired full ownership of Rômulo.[3]

On 2 August 2014, Romulo completed his move from Hellas Verona to Juventus.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
  • Thread Starter #6
    Romulo: "I’m very happy to be here and will give all I can to help Juventus keep winning."

Romulo: "I’ve spoken to Allegri and told him I’m ready to play wherever I’m required."

Romulo: “I’ve made many sacrifices to get to where I’m at today. I’ve never given up and will continue to show that attitude at Juventus."

Marotta: "Romulo is a versatile player and can be deployed in a variety of roles."

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
    I don't know why we even need him. He's an unnecessary player in my book. I can understand getting him if we decided to cash in on Isla and Licht, otherwise it makes no sense.

Anyway welcome!

OP

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
  • Thread Starter #8
    I don't know why we even need him. He's an unnecessary player in my book. I can understand getting him if we decided to cash in on Isla and Licht, otherwise it makes no sense.

Anyway welcome!
    Isla to QPR on loan

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    Very happy that we're prioritizing fullbacks in this mercato. First Evra and now this guy. These positions on the field are very underrated and not often talked about by dacdical experds, but you really need quality fullbacks in order to make a team tick. Good fullbacks make a team concede less goals and they're a huge attacking threat, often overlooked. Most - if not all - teams that win trophies have good fullbacks.

Licht/Romulo
    Asa/Evra

:tuttosport:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)