Xherdan Shaqiri - Winger - Bayern Munich (1 Viewer)

Do you want Shaqiri at Juve?

• YES

• NO

• Undecided idiot

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009

Date of birth: 10 October 1991 (age 22)
Place of birth: Gnjilane, SFR Yugoslavia
Height: 1.69m (5 ft 6 1⁄2 in)
Playing position: Winger​

Xherdan Shaqiri is a Swiss footballer who plays as a midfielder for Bayern Munich in the German Bundesliga as well as the Swiss national team. Since his breakthrough into Basel's first team, Shaqiri has drawn widespread praise for his speed, both on and off the ball.

FIFA's official website describes Shaqiri as "unpredictable on the ball, adept with both feet, clinical in front of goal and [possessing] excellent vision". He is nicknamed "the Alpine Messi" and "the magic dwarf".

Club career

FC Basel

Shaqiri played for SV Augst's and FC Basel's youth teams. While on Basel's youth team, he played in the Under-15 Nike Cup 2007 and was named the best player of the tournament, and, despite having several other clubs attempting to sign him, he decided to stay with Basel. He then played for their reserve team from 2007 to 2009 in the Swiss 1. Liga and just two years later, Shaqiri signed his first professional contract with Basel on 2 January 2009. The new contract was set to keep him at St. Jakob-Park until June 2014.

Shaqiri made his Basel debut as a substitute on 12 July 2009 in Basel's 2009–10 season opening game against FC St. Gallen at the AFG Arena. On 9 November, he scored his first goal for Basel in a 4–1 win over Neuchâtel Xamax at home. At the end of the 2009–10 season, Shaqiri won the national Double with Basel and a year later won the League Championship title again.

On 7 December 2011, Shaqiri provided two assists in the match against Manchester United. The match ended in an upset with Basel winning 2–1. At the end of the 2011–12 season, for the second time in his Basel stint, he won the Double, the League Championship title and the Swiss Cup with Basel.

Bayern Munich

On 9 February 2012, Basel announced that Shaqiri had accepted a transfer to Bayern Munich in the German Bundesliga for the 2012–13 season. The transfer fee was a reported €11.6 million, with Shaqiri signing a four-year contract with the German giants until 30 June 2016, making around €2 million per season.

On 10 July 2012, Shaqiri made his debut in a friendly match against German side SpVgg Unterhaching which Bayern won 1–0 by a goal of teammate David Alaba. His first official appearance for the club came on 20 August in a DFB-Pokal match against SSV Jahn Regensburg; Shaqiri came on as a half-time substitute and scored Bayern's second goal as well as providing assists for Mario Mandžukić and Claudio Pizarro as Bayern won 4–0. He helped Bayern secure top spot in their Champions League group by winning the Man of the Match award in Bayern's 4–1 defeat of BATE Borisov on 5 December; Shaqiri scored a goal and provided an assist for the hosts, avenging their matchday two loss in Minsk. He did not score his first Bundesliga goal until the final league match of 2012, rescuing a 1–1 draw with Borussia Mönchengladbach, leaving Bayern in first at the winter break. In April, Shaqiri also scored in the DFB-Pokal semi-final against VfL Wolfsburg with a long-range effort. Although he didn't play in the final, Shaqiri won the 2012–13 UEFA Champions League title with Bayern in late May, as well as the Bundesliga and the DFB Pokal title making him one of the Bayern Munich players to have won the treble.

International career

Shaqiri made his debut for the Switzerland under-21 side on 11 November 2009 in a 3–1 win against the Turkey under-21s in a 2011 UEFA European Under-21 Football Championship qualifier. He scored his first goal on 11 June 2011 in the 2011 Under-21 Championship opening game against the Denmark under-21 side.

In 2010, Shaqiri was promoted to the senior team, making his debut on 3 March 2010 in a 1–3 friendly loss against Uruguay. He was included in the 2010 World Cup squad, after receiving a surprise call-up from manager Ottmar Hitzfeld. On 7 September 2010, Shaqiri scored his first goal, a long range left footed shot, in a 1–3 loss against England in a Euro 2012 qualifier. In another Euro 2012 qualifier, on 6 September 2011, he netted a hat-trick, as Switzerland came from behind to defeat Bulgaria by a score of 3–1.

Switzerland also tried to select him to participate in the 2012 Olympic Football tournament, but he opted to stay at his new club for pre-season training.

In June 2014, Shaqiri was named in Switzerland's squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. In the team's opening match, Shaqiri was named man of the match by FIFA as the Nati defeated Ecuador. He earned the same title a mere ten days later in the Swiss team's third and final Group match, scoring a hat-trick against Honduras to ensure Switzerland a spot in the Round of 16, where they lost to Argentina.

- - - Updated - - -

CdS links

Also, according to Gazzeta, he is on Allegris wishlist.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Btw what's the deal with Shaqiri? He looks quite weird when he's running, t-rex arms?

I heard he has some muscle problems :shifty: whatever that is and apparently he doesn't lift weights at the gym.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
That was supposed to be my thread :stuckup: I've been calling for him for half a year. I'm at work and I got beaten to it.

Anyway... DDTS especially for 20-25m price :tuttosport: he's a much better option fot us than Pastore and Jovetic. Isco is unrealistic.

OP
GarfielD

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
  • Thread Starter #14
    That was supposed to be my thread :stuckup: I've been calling for him for half a year. I'm at work and I got beaten to it.

Anyway... DDTS especially for 20-25m price :tuttosport: he's a much better option fot us than Pastore and Jovetic. Isco is unrealistic.
    Sorry.. i had no idea.. :/ :)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    Too good be true.But let us see.If Nedved has recommended him,we should act and stop chasing overrated hacks like Candreva and Cerci.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    I think he's a little overrated around here. Good player nonetheless and if we can get for 20m or below then probably a good move.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)