Gomorra - La Serie - Movies & TV - Juventuz Forums - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Cash
    Mentioned
    1886 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramin View Post
    I finally watched the first season. Not as great as people make it out to be, but still good enough and enjoyable.

Not sure if its just a coincidence or the Italian TV were trying to bring Juve down too by giving out names like Ciro and Conte to its main mafia characters. I guess we'll see Allegri in season two. Also the use of Fiat so often by the family was odd, as they're millionaires and could have had much nicer cars.

One thing I didn't like was how Genny came back from his trip in South America all changed, a completely different person. I understand that he supposedly went through $#@! there and toughened up, but the character wasn't much believable. They should have at least showed what happened in South America. That was very vague.
    They probably will but with some flashbacks or something. But yeah, I agree, he changed too much and it happened quite fast. It would be fine had it pasted 2 season in between.
    Pirlo has no equal in Europe, Vidal is a champion. And Marchisio, though little noticed, when he is one hundred per cent [he too] is a champion.
    commentator: "...marchisio.... hardly mentioned his name tonight"

Cash
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    I finally watched the first season. Not as great as people make it out to be, but still good enough and enjoyable.

Not sure if its just a coincidence or the Italian TV were trying to bring Juve down too by giving out names like Ciro and Conte to its main mafia characters. I guess we'll see Allegri in season two. Also the use of Fiat so often by the family was odd, as they're millionaires and could have had much nicer cars.

One thing I didn't like was how Genny came back from his trip in South America all changed, a completely different person. I understand that he supposedly went through $#@! there and toughened up, but the character wasn't much believable. They should have at least showed what happened in South America. That was very vague.
    Ciro seems like a popular name in Napoli so that's probably nothing. Conte maybe, and there was also a reference to someone named Marchisio in one episode. I think there were just a lot of football references in general though, like that kid Diego having a dog named Neymar.

And yeah, I hope they end up showing what happened when Genny went away too. The writers seem to really know what they're doing so they probably will next season.
    Grazie a dio non sono milanista.

World Boss

Cash
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Marchisio I need to watch this show
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Marchisio is needed asap.

Cash
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    Marchisio I need to watch this show
    He was never on screen, just mentioned in passing in some dialogue in one episode. It's a great show though.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1153 Post(s)

I think only juventino would watch this show with an eye for potential Juve references. That's more than a bit of a stretch.

As for what happened in Central (not South) America -- at least that's the continent where Honduras belongs last I checked -- I like that they deliberately didn't show that. At least yet. Season 2 has plenty of opportunity to go back.

They made more than enough obvious verbal references to what happened. And I'm a big believer that some of the greatest horror movies are what you don't show/see (the H.P. Lovecraft theory of horror), not what gets graphically shown to you in every detail (the Friday the 13th theory of horror).

Let the human mind fill in the grotesque blanks for once.

As for how much a pivot it was for his character, absolutely. But you can't do the "slow boil" much anymore in TV these days. Audiences seem to expect directors to go for broke and leave it all out on the line in accelerated fashion these days... there just isn't much of an audience patience for slow-moving plotlines.
    "Imagine what Lou Reed could have achieved if he'd spent his twenties on Twitter."
    -- Peter Kaplan, former editor-in-chief of The New York Observer, on Twitter

Cash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Loved the movie! I never knew they made a tv series now...gotta check this out!

★★★

Cash
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    awesomeeee
    Un cavaliere non lascia mai una Signora

Cash
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    One of the best Tv series ive ever seen im suprised it hasnt got more attention over here. In Ireland we have our own version called LOVE/HATE. It is also very good but the first season was weak. If anyone is a fan of Gomorra they should check it out.

Cash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Just finished the first season.

I think I watched it all in 3 days. Its definitely one of the best TV shows I've ever watched. I was completely addicted.

I really grew fond of Conte after. I hope to see a lot more of him next season.

The last 10 minutes of the final episode were great. That tunnel scene and when Savastano is freed from the transport truck.

Can't wait for the next season.

★★★

Cash
    Mentioned
    1153 Post(s)
    I hear it will be in the summer. They were supposed to finish shooting in October.
    "Imagine what Lou Reed could have achieved if he'd spent his twenties on Twitter."

Cash
    Mentioned
    1403 Post(s)
    I finally got to watch this awesome series. Also finished it in three days and got to enjoy the characters more episode after episode. This is usually a recipe for success in my books.

I like how similar to The Wire the whole series is. Or was it only me who saw the resemblance?
    Ban Cronios

Cash
    Mentioned
    1886 Post(s)
    Gomorra is indeed amazing. I recommend it to people who haven't seen it yet.

Definitely worth watching.
    Pirlo has no equal in Europe, Vidal is a champion. And Marchisio, though little noticed, when he is one hundred per cent [he too] is a champion.
    commentator: "...marchisio.... hardly mentioned his name tonight"

Cash
    Mentioned
    1153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCK View Post
    I finally got to watch this awesome series. Also finished it in three days and got to enjoy the characters more episode after episode. This is usually a recipe for success in my books.

I like how similar to The Wire the whole series is. Or was it only me who saw the resemblance?
    No, you wouldn't be the first who notice the parallels. It's the unravelling of how a criminal enterprise is built up.

Cash
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swag View Post
    I hear it will be in the summer. They were supposed to finish shooting in October.
    Spring. Starting in March supposedly, but there isn't a concrete date set yet.

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Not sure if its just a coincidence or the Italian TV were trying to bring Juve down too by giving out names like Ciro and Conte to its main mafia characters.
    Those are really southern names tbh, plus 'Conte' gives the character an air of authority.

Just to add a bigger Juve conspiracy Ciro's surname is Di Marzio But again that is a name more common with central and southern Italy.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

Beppe Marotta Is My God Bianconero_Aus's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1345 Post(s)
    Ciro is a quintessential and extremely common name in Napoli and the greater Campania area in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    If i see him now, i will kiss his left cheek for Pjanic, his right cheek for Benatia and prolly a french kiss for Higuain!

Beppe Marotta Is My God Bianconero_Aus's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1345 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragazza View Post
    Spring. Starting in March supposedly, but there isn't a concrete date set yet.
    Hi babe
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    If i see him now, i will kiss his left cheek for Pjanic, his right cheek for Benatia and prolly a french kiss for Higuain!

Cash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragazza View Post
    Ciro seems like a popular name in Napoli so that's probably nothing. Conte maybe, and there was also a reference to someone named Marchisio in one episode. I think there were just a lot of football references in general though, like that kid Diego having a dog named Neymar.

And yeah, I hope they end up showing what happened when Genny went away too. The writers seem to really know what they're doing so they probably will next season.
    Conte is also a nobilty degree in english is translated as Count

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero_Aus View Post
    Ciro is a quintessential and extremely common name in Napoli and the greater Campania area in general.
    Did you have a dictionary for breakfast?
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

Cash
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero_Aus View Post
    Hi babe
    Ciao How are things around here?