Gomorra - La Serie (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
Gomorra_La_serie.png

Roberto Saviano, the guy who wrote the book and the script for the movie Gomorra is now making a television series on the same theme (Neapolitan mafia). I've watched the first few episodes, it's pretty good, although I don't think there is a version with English subtitles yet.
@Martin @Bianconero_Aus

trailer: http://video.sky.it/cinema/il-meglio-di-cinema/gomorra_la_serie_il_trailer/v161526.vid

Wiki article: http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gomorra_-_La_serie

Streaming: http://casa-cinema.net/gomorra-la-serie.html

Roberto Saviano: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_00ZaHT0x8

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I read the book a few years ago. It was haunting to say the least. I also read a lengthy article about this tv show the other day and one of the foundational principles is, as they say, the absence of good. Saviano didn't want there to be any characters that represent the good in people, that would be the counterpoint to the evil in the story. No intrepid police detective or journalist that wins and makes you feel good at the end of the show.

OP
Trequartista
Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #4
    That should be amazing. Read the book and was a huge fan of it. Hopefully comes with English subtitles, Im sure this one will be none in Neapolitan dialect?
    It's in the Neapolitan dialect, which is barely comprehensible but there is a version with standard Italian subtitles in the stream I provided, making it easier.

I'm pretty certain an English subbed version is coming out soon considering its success.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Ooh... coolness. I will keep a lookout. Thanks for the heads-up.

I can't wait for the episode where they decapitate Marek Hamšík. :weee:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    I have just finished the first season. it was amazing! one of the best tv series ive ever seen. cannot wait untill the next sdeason comes out. i would like to watch the film but im afraid incase it ruins the series does anyone know just how connected they are and if it would be safe to watch. it is hard to find any info online about it.

Is anyone here even watching it?

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    Do all italian men when speaking stand so close that there noses are nearly touching and kiss each other? Like is it a common thing or just him?

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
    Jul 22, 2013
    I have just finished the first season. it was amazing! one of the best tv series ive ever seen. cannot wait untill the next sdeason comes out. i would like to watch the film but im afraid incase it ruins the series does anyone know just how connected they are and if it would be safe to watch. it is hard to find any info online about it.

Is anyone here even watching it?
    Not sure if this question still applies since you posted this over a month ago, but in case you still haven't seen the movie, it's a completely different story and characters (different Camorra clan). It's actually like several different storylines that end up intertwining.

And yeah, finally found decent English subs a couple months back so was able to watch it. Gotten two people into it afterwards too. I didn't think I'd find an Italian program that beats Romanzo Criminale, but Gomorra is even better. Sucks we have to wait until 2016 for season two.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Not sure if this question still applies since you posted this over a month ago, but in case you still haven't seen the movie, it's a completely different story and characters (different Camorra clan). It's actually like several different storylines that end up intertwining.

And yeah, finally found decent English subs a couple months back so was able to watch it. Gotten two people into it afterwards too. I didn't think I'd find an Italian program that beats Romanzo Criminale, but Gomorra is even better. Sucks we have to wait until 2016 for season two.
    Oh plz Plz plz share your subs!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)