Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004

Full name Patrice Latyr Evra
Date of birth 15 May 1981 (age 33)
Place of birth Dakar, Senegal
Height 1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)
Weight 72 kg
Playing position Left-back​

Originally an attacker, he primarily plays as a left-back.
Evra, whom Sir Alex Ferguson praised for his leadership, has served as captain for both Manchester United and France.

The son of a diplomat, Evra was born in Senegal and arrived in Europe when he was a year old. He was raised in France and began his football career playing for various clubs in the Île-de-France region such as hometown club CO Les Ulis and CSF Brétigny. In 1997, he had a stint at professional club Paris Saint-Germain. A year later, Evra seized his first footballing opportunity in neighbouring Italy when he signed his first professional contract with Marsala in Sicily. He made his professional debut with the club and, in the ensuing season, joined Monza. After a year playing with Monza, Evra returned to France to play for Nice. Originally a midfielder, while playing at Nice, he was converted into a full-back. In 2002, Evra moved to Monégasque club Monaco and contributed to the team that won the Coupe de la Ligue in 2003. He also featured in European competition for the first time in his career and, in the 2003–04 season, was the starting left-back on the Monaco team that reached the 2004 UEFA Champions League Final. In that same season domestically, Evra was named the National Union of Professional Footballers (UNFP) Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year. He was also named to the organisation's Ligue 1 Team of the Year.

Evra's performances with Monaco culminated into a move to English club Manchester United in January 2006. While playing for Manchester United, Evra has won a slew of trophies, which included winning the Football League Cup in his debut season at the club. In his second season, he eclipsed compatriot Mikaël Silvestre and Gabriel Heinze as first-choice left-back and has since won five Premier League titles, one UEFA Champions League title, one FIFA Club World Cup, three League Cups, and four Community Shield titles. Evra has been named to the Professional Footballers' Association (PFA) Team of the Year on three occasions. For his performances during the 2008–09 season, he was named to both the FIFPro World XI and the UEFA Team of the Year.

Evra is also a France international. Prior to playing at senior level, he played at under-21 level. He made his senior international debut in August 2004 in a friendly match against Bosnia and Herzegovina. Evra has participated in three major international tournaments for France; the 2008 and 2012 editions of the UEFA European Football Championship and the 2010 FIFA World Cup. In the first competition, he appeared in two group stage matches. Ahead of the 2010 World Cup, Evra was named captain of the national team by Domenech and bore the armband for the first time in the team's friendly match against Costa Rica in May 2010.

Tuttosport are claiming that the Bianconeri’s moves to sign Patrice Evra from Manchester United are drawing to a close, with the Turin giants having all-but sown up the left-back’s transfer.
Evra is set to be sold for €3.5m. The 33-year-old defender is to get a two year contract.
Patrice Evra is leaving Manchester United after eight years.
The United left-back has asked to leave Old Trafford and has had his wish granted by the club's hierarchy.
United took up an option to extend Evra's contract by 12 months when it expired at the end of last season.
But the 33-year-old wanted a fresh start elsewhere and is poised to join Italian side Juventus on a two-year deal.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Juventus Football Club can today announce that Patrice Evra has signed a two-year contract with the club after a fee of £1.2 million, to be paid in two separate installments, was agreed with Manchester United. A further payment of £0.3 million will be made to Manchester United in the event of Juventus qualifying for the 2015/16 Champions League.”
:D

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
”I believe my transfer to Juventus in this stage of my career is the right thing to do so I can continue challenging myself and strive to improve. Juventus is a great club, and I can’t wait to be part of the team and to contribute to the successes that have always been part of their history”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)