Will Deschamps remain? (1 Viewer)

Deschamps' EDF future

• stays

• leaves

Results are only viewable after voting.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I think he should. This is the best French team in a decade. He's done some terrific work to reunite the players.

Besides which France isn't full of great coaches, he's the best there is despite being a young coach still.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
He will leave and hopefully he'll get Conte's job next season when he'll have enough of us.

Jul 1, 2010
I thought that France seriously lacked a quality AM. This is the problem with a 3 men midfield that has a regista (Cabaye), they had to rely on their wingers to get behind the German defense and they failed on the occasion. In that situation you need a skilled AM who can deliver the final pass.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
France missed Ribery last night, the first time in the World Cup they really needed him.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I wouldn't think that the WC produced any arguments against him or his coaching. France did exceptionally well, without their best player (you could argue that this actually made them better as a team, but that's a different discussion), until they met an opponent who undoubtetly has a much higher quality squad at their disposal and lost very narrowly due to a standard situation.

I also fail to see any other viable canditates more suited for the job, and especially with the home Euro coming up, I doubt that the French football association would want to take mayn risks.

Sir Miss-A-Lot

May 22, 2013
I think DD is a fine piece of coaching ass. Unless the french assosiation has a real scoop up their sleeve (who could that even be), i think it would be stupid not to continue with him. It seems like the french team is moving the right way and in two years they could be a serious contender for a Euro title - they have a lot of talented players, but some of them are still a little raw. Besides, a lot of their more experienced players will still be there for the Euro, so it's not like they will have to do a massive change. Evra comes to my mind as a player who might not have a lot of years left as a top perfomer, but Digne is soon ready to compete with him. Ribery is 31, he might not be as good in two years, but that's about it from the top of my head...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)