Stefano Sturaro - Player discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 3
Page 3 of 159 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Stefano Sturaro

Juventuz star

Cash
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jukazem View Post
    we don't, we'll only know for sure when 15/16 accounts will be published, but best guess would be appearance based. €2m incentive to Genoa to play him regularly 'for his development' and a further €3.5m if he plays well for Juve + Juve wins Scudetto etc so he could cost €11m if he turns good. 'good' here probably means he becomes good rotation player or one of Juve's current star midfielders would be sold and Sturaro becomes a starter (which to me is not a good thing).
    To make it easy think of it as a 11m total for a co-own deal . 5.5m (our half) + 5.5m in bonus (genoa half ) , amount payable in 2-3 years . This beppe's workaround of the new rule .

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jukazem View Post
    we don't, we'll only know for sure when 15/16 accounts will be published, but best guess would be appearance based. €2m incentive to Genoa to play him regularly 'for his development' and a further €3.5m if he plays well for Juve + Juve wins Scudetto etc so he could cost €11m if he turns good. 'good' here probably means he becomes good rotation player or one of Juve's current star midfielders would be sold and Sturaro becomes a starter (which to me is not a good thing).
    It's an interesting workaround for the co-ownership problem, which was what encouraged clubs to play players and improve them.

Put it this way - we sold Giovinco'x ½ for €3.5m and bought that back that back for €11m. Likewise look at Immoble, Berardi, and others with significant potential. Suddenly paying €2m to encourage development doesn't look so bad. If Sturaro explodes and gets into the Italy squad then figures of €18m start popping up as a starting point, and he becomes an excellent investment.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

Cash
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    So he's supposedly the next Gattuso?

Regens
    "Juventus is not just a football club, it's a way of understanding life. ~Italo Pietra

Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    They want money, dunno why,
    'cause I want a loan with an option to buy

Cash
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    5.5m(payable in 3 years) + 3.5m(bonuses for 15/16 season) + 2m(valorisation depending on certain objectives for 14/15 season).

No resale % I guess.
    He better be worth it. The numbers look somewhat ridiculous for a relative unknown.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

Cash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Cash
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    I think Marrone will become better and Veratti will join us one day.
    This guy wont even reach MArchisio's level.
    These kind of transfers will replace the co own deals... we will see if we will ever recover the invested ammount...
    Even from there he could be used as a bargain chip for future transfers, hopefully committing this ammount for him wont hurt much our transfer budget,
    Marotta has the tendency to spread the money around, bleeding cash left and right, money than we never recover, on players that cant help us reach the next step.
    And as a consequence, we are out of cash, when we want to get top players, because the budget is spent in these deals...
    Last edited by Cronios; 02.07.2014 at 21:58.
    JuventusjeepAllianzArena

Juventuz star

Cash
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Source:SKY

Cash
    Mentioned
    5537 Post(s)
    Saw the game vs nipples. When Gasperini took him off it all went downhill for Genoa. All over the place, great ball winner, nice tackles, not a bad passer even if he missed a couple. Good with both feet. Er got a good one even if we paid a lot with those bonuses. It's just a game but you can see he's good.
    JUVENTUS 1897-2006
    Juventus 2006-2011
    JUVENTUS 2011-14
    Allegri Era

Cash
    Mentioned
    2043 Post(s)
    So basically, in 2 years time we need to find a new position for Marchisio

First Pogba steals his cm spot

Then Sturaro steals his cdm spot
    The F1 remains as of 2013 one of the fastest production cars ever made; as of July 2013 it is succeeded by very few cars including the Koenigsegg Agera R, the SSC Ultimate Aero TT,and the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. However, all of the superior top speed machines use forced induction to reach their top speeds, whereas the McLaren F1 is naturally aspirated.
    http://forum.juventuz.org/threads/41...=1#post4967497

Cash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacheryah View Post
    So basically, in 2 years time we need to find a new position for Marchisio

First Pogba steals his cm spot

Then Sturaro steals his cdm spot
    Marchisio will retake Pogba's place when he leaves in 3-4 years to Real or Barca or PSG

Cash
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    marchisio is not even the starting dm, hes playing because pirlo is not
    Und alles, was man weiss, nicht bloss rauschen und brausen gehört hat, lässt sich in drei Worten sagen.

Gio-The Prince of Toronto Lorenzo Juve's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    marchisio is not even the starting dm, hes playing because pirlo is not
    idk, I really liked him there, I would probably choose him over Pirlo in CL this year.

Cash
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo Juve View Post
    idk, I really liked him there, I would probably choose him over Pirlo in CL this year.
    based on one game against chievo?
    Und alles, was man weiss, nicht bloss rauschen und brausen gehört hat, lässt sich in drei Worten sagen.

Cash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    based on one game against chievo?
    And based on how we played last year in CL with Pirlo. He's too slow now.

Cash
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    And based on how we played last year in CL with Pirlo. He's too slow now.
    it's about speed of decision making imo not movement, we created plaenty in europe last year

Cash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    it's about speed of decision making imo not movement, we created plaenty in europe last year
    Also remember what a reliability Pirlo was defensively? Marchisio can actually contribute.

Cash
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Also remember what a reliability Pirlo was defensively? Marchisio can actually contribute.

it's gotta be consistently done at a high level, otherwise it's just wishful thinking

Cash
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Like someone said before Pirlo has the ability to make a pass that can change the whole game, while Marchisio will offer you the defensive attributes as well as his good passing and movement. We of course will be a more mobile team with Marchisio. I guess it really matters who the opponent is but overall I would rather Marchisio then Pirlo.
    "I love the sea... you know why? Because you can not see the end; the sea is the image of perfect freedom" -Allegri

" Gli antijuventini sono come le zanzare, fastidiosi ma possono solo sucare"

Cash
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reallegends View Post
    Marchisio will retake Pogba's place when he leaves in 3-4 years to Real or Barca or PSG
    He'll be 31-32 by then.
    Edmund Burke - "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Cash
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    I watched some of him today. I can see he has some pace. Has a good burst on him. 4 times in the first half he forced turnovers by pressing on his own with a quick burst at the player with possession. He has vision, constantly looking around without the ball, and very calm on the ball. His first look is always at the strikers to see if anything is on. However, he was sloppy with some intermediate passes, perhaps he was a bit too cool with his technique I felt.

He did alot of gesturing at his teammates to move the ball in a particular fashion and they were listening. He was doing a lot of moving to the ball in his third.

There was a sterling moment when Insigne had a clear break from inside his own half and Sturaro was a few metres behind. They basically had a foot race to Genoa's box and Sturaro beat him there and then made a sublime tackle in the area.

I don't know if I would call him a regista but he is calm on the ball and has vision. He's not a destroyer (he's not a dumb destroyer like Gattuso or anything like that) but he's a very willing tackler. Right now he reminds me a bit of Poli but I think Sturaro is more athletic and is probably a smarter player. He strikes me somewhat as box to box or as a Marchisio style DM.

I think definitely he is calm, intelligent and has a good defensive work rate. He's a bit lazy when the team is transitioning to offence. He would have to improve on that. I would bet he will be in our squad as soon as next year as a sub. I don't see star potential right now, we'll see how the season goes.