Rate season 2013/2014 (1 Viewer)

Rating

Results are only viewable after voting.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
yeah we failed in europe... but i wasn't expecting much of it.. It was a perfect season for learning.. and in the league we broke every record possible.. The first 2 matches ruined our CL performances, but playing with Quag, Peluso and De Ceglie says it all.. this won't happen again..

8/10 IMO.. because we got 14 matches in Europe and the same amount of coefficientpoints as last year...

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
8/10 - we will never see a more dominant Serie A campaign in our lifetime...CL was obviously a big disappointment but we made some decent progress in EL.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Asuming that we aimed for 3 prices: the CL, Serie A, and Coppa Italia, and that we failed on 2 of the 3... i would give the season a 3.3 from 10 just for this.

-The european campaign was plain bad. Incomes aside, we did not pounced on our chances and went out of both european competitions with lacklustre performances, waaay below our standards.

-The coppa Italia is a throphy we never are interested in...but again..with the players we have at our disposal, is not insane to ask at the very least a final. The level in Italy, apart from juve and 2 more teams.. is atrocious. We should have done better.

-Then comes serie A. We totally cruised the league, beating both times roma and setting an unthinkable record of points...heck, we could even make it more ridiculous next week and end the season unbeaten in our home and with all victories. Even for current serie A standards.... this is nothing short of admirable. If we get 102 points...it will be simply unreal. No one will touch that record ever. And we will get our memorable 3rd scudetto. Happiness!.

normally, i would rate the season with a 7 or 6 after this astronomic achievement..... But not this time, and ill explain why i give a 5

Even when we cruised the league... i have not seen our team advance or evolve enought. Our performances get more and more predictable and lethargic after everygame. Even with better players, we seem to be lost with our gameplan, and most of the time..end up grinding results against lower opposition that we should simply beat with more comfort given our players.
Theres is this worrysome feeling that we simply are not playing like we are supposed to, theres always missing. We go to the games with shameful approaches, believing that we are going to win just because we are juventus, and trying to outmuscle everyone without a gameplan.

After 2 seasons of winning serie A, and a memorable run in the CL, i hoped for much much more from us.

Im not feeling we are doing a stepforward, we have stalled. And im worried. I cannot lie to myself and try to hide my feelings.

We need to step up on all fronts...we need better players, more quality, but we also need a change in our gameplan, in our tactics, in our approach. Soemthing must change.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #7
    3 out of 10, wow seriously?

It seems people got used at winning Serie A. Despite our 2 won titles in the last 2 years it doesn't mean winning the whole thing is not an achievement. I'm actually afraid we'll lose Conte and end up empty handed.

Just think of the terror we had with Ranieri, Zaccheroni, Ciro and others. Sure, we choked in the CL, but that's just harsh.

- - - Updated - - -

lol now I've read the second part

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    3 out of 10, wow seriously?

It seems people got used at winning Serie A. Despite our 2 won titles in the last 2 years it doesn't mean winning the whole thing is not an achievement. I'm actually afraid we'll lose Conte and end up empty handed.

Just think of the terror we had with Ranieri, Zaccheroni, Ciro and others. Sure, we choked in the CL, but that's just harsh.

- - - Updated - - -

lol now I've read the second part
    Im worried with the conte situation ill not lie. But i dont know which is better... is like choose your poison. In one hand... conte has done the unthinkable with this team..lets not fool anyone here.. he has managed to win 3 scudettos in a row and thats unreal. But on the other hand, i dont like how he is managing the team as of late. I think maybe he reached his limits and ideas with us.

The thing is... if he leaves...we cannot settle with an average joe like the old times....we need someone with clear ideas and experience...and that will not come easy. Its complicated,

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    If we reach 100 this season is a 8/10 for me. Utter domination in the league, Roma had the best season in their history theyre still trailing by 14(!!) Points.

European failure, no doubt - but I still would prefer winning the Serie A over the CHL.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #11
    If we reach 100 this season is a 8/10 for me. Utter domination in the league, Roma had the best season in their history theyre still trailing by 14(!!) Points.

European failure, no doubt - but I still would prefer winning the Serie A over the CHL.
    If we don't reach 100 then it's a 7? wtf :D

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    8/10 for me.

Pros: 100% home record nearly reached. On the verge of 102pts for the season. Scudetto 2014. :tup:

Cons: Failure in Europe. Quite a lot of lethargic performances.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    7/10 It's great to be breaking records in Serie A (even though the league is kinda pathetic compared to the good old times), but our failure in Europe does take away from an otherwise incredibly solid campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol: :howler: Preferring a title you already have 30+ of to the best trophy in club football (and one you have struggled to win twice).

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
    9. I didn't expect us to win the CL due to the fact that we don't have any wingers or attacking midfielders and our attacking duo (Tevez and Llorente) needed time to adapt. I was very disappointed with our campaign in CL but it was nothing new. The games with Benfica were also a let down but I didn't really rate the trophy much.

We had an amazing, record-breaking Seria A campaign and we have every right to hope for improvements which will take us among the top 4 in Europe. We just need "flair and fancy"...

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
    League 100/10 - dominated the league this season like no other team has ever done before, but it has to be said, is that an achievement in Serie A in the modern era? One Scudetto in the 80s or 90s is worth 3 nowadays, but we can only beat what's in front of us.

We were also hard to watch at times during the season, our style of football has got progressively worse since 11-12.

Europe - 3/10. CL was a disaster, no other way to put it. EL was better but with the final in our home stadium we should have been there, failing to score 1 goal at home to Benfica to qualify was farcical no matter which way you look at it. Glass ceiling has definitely been reached with the current side in terms of Europe.

Overall I'd give 2013/14 6.5/10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)