Playing Football (2 Viewers)

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I thought it would be good for members to have a thread to discuss actually playing football. Do you play football? 5-a-side, 7-a-side or mabye 11-a-side? If you have some questions about improving your game in a certain area you could ask the forum and I'm sure somebody would be able to advise you, as well as looking for advice on buying new boots or whatnot.

Personally I play 5s twice a week and have managed to get a couple of 11s games sorted just between my friends. We've played a few times but last night was my first win. Also managed to keep my first clean sheet (I play at CB) which I am extremely chuffed about, considering I made 4 or 5 important challenges during the game. Who knew that a juventino like me would enjoy the experience of winning so much? :touched:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
@Zacheryah @Badass Vidal [MENTION=5409]Juventino[RUS][/MENTION]

Easily the 3 players with most experience on this topic.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Playing 5-a-side is good for improving your passing in tight areas, and moving into space. You can so notice the difference from playing on a 5-a-side pitch to a full size training session pitch. I regularly play/ train on the smaller pitches. Really improves your thinking in a game situation.

OP
Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #20
    Playing 5-a-side is good for improving your passing in tight areas, and moving into space. You can so notice the difference from playing on a 5-a-side pitch to a full size training session pitch. I regularly play/ train on the smaller pitches. Really improves your thinking in a game situation.
    I definitely look at 5s as a kind of training for 11s games. The 11s games I play are just among friends so it's not really a big deal but we have two teams who keep their core players so there is definitely an element of competition. These days in 5s I try to go outside my comfort zone and try to work on things I'm not so good at such as dribbling and not panicking when under pressure. As you say there's less space so it improves your decision making and speeds up your thinking during a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Juventino[RUS];4539886 said:
    I play twice in a week 7vs7, i'm central defender, if it's 11vs11 then i am defender midfielder @Scottish
    Nice, do you play 11s with a team/in a league or just with friends?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)