Ultimate Kodi/XBMC streaming (Sopcast + Ace Stream) (2 Viewers)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
This is a step by step guide to get the ultimate XBMC streaming solution running. It supports both Sopcast and Ace Stream, with other words the best quality streams. :)

It works with Linux, Windows, Mac OSX and the Raspberry PI.

1. Install XBMC:

http://xbmc.org/download/

2. Download p2p-streams XBMC Addon respository and store it in a temp folder on your desktop. Don't unzip the file.

http://p2p-strm.googlecode.com/svn/...ms.xbmc/repository.p2p-streams.xbmc-1.0.1.zip

3. Start XBMC and click "Videos" > "Add-ons" > "Get More..."

4. Click ".." twice so you get to the root addons screen

5. Click "Install from zip file" and locate the zip file you downloaded. After that the respository is installed.

6. Click "Get addons" > "p2p-streams repository" > "Video Add-ons" > "p2p-streams". Then click "Install" from the options.

7. Now you're almost done. Go back to the main XBMC screen and click Videos > Video Add-ons > p2p-streams. Now it will auto-configure your setup and download the neccessary files for both Sopcast and Acestream.

8. Click "Addon website parsers" and it will list all the popular streaming sites, for example Wiziwig and Livefootball.ws with updated streams. From there on it's just a matter of picking a stream to watch. Enjoy :)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Marty

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2
    Troubleshooting:

Q: I get an empty repository. The zip file seems to be empty.

A: Force Refresh the repository:

System > Add-ons > Get Add-ons > locate and highlight "p2p-streams repository" > right mouse click > Force Refresh

Q: The repository doesn't seem to get installed.

A: Try the alternative install option:

System > Settings > Addons > Install from zip file

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    I'm stuck on 5th step. I can't install the zip file :boh: I did locate it but it does nothing, so when I go on the 6th step I don't see such add-on to install

- - - Updated - - -

I only see this.. So I assume I didn't install the zip file

Attachments

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #5
    I'm stuck on 5th step. I can't install the zip file :boh: I did locate it but it does nothing, so when I go on the 6th step I don't see such add-on to install

- - - Updated - - -

I only see this.. So I assume I didn't install the zip file
    Yes it looks like the repository hasn't been installed. Above those two you have listed there it should say p2p-streams repository. Try installing the zip file again

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #9
    The official install instruction is this:

Please install the following repository into xbmc (System --> Settings --> Addons --> Install from zip file):

Maybe give that a try then?

Some more info here as well:

http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/fightnight-wareztuga-tv-repositorios/18099-%5Brelease%5D-p2p-streams-acestream-sopcast-%2Abeta%2A.html

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007

Please install the following repository into xbmc (System --> Settings --> Addons --> Install from zip file):
    Same thing :cry:

And I tried restarting XBMC. I even tried restarting my PC, but nothing happens.

I find the file but it's like there's nothing to install.

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #12

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004

Maybe give that a try then?

Some more info here as well:

http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/fightnight-wareztuga-tv-repositorios/18099-%5Brelease%5D-p2p-streams-acestream-sopcast-%2Abeta%2A.html
    This worked for me. The other method kept looping me back to the Add Ons menu. How do I verify though? I picked the zip file but there was no indication that it loaded successfully.

- - - Updated - - -

There may be a third method: Videos --> Video Add-Ons --> p2p streams --> install

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #15
    This worked for me. The other method kept looping me back to the Add Ons menu. How do I verify though? I picked the zip file but there was no indication that it loaded successfully.

- - - Updated - - -

There may be a third method: Videos --> Video Add-Ons --> p2p streams --> install
    It should display a message in the bottom right corner when it's added

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    @Marty top post. Been running XBMC on my Samsung galaxy note 10.1 for a while. How does the raspberry pi handle hd streams?

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #18
    @Marty top post. Been running XBMC on my Samsung galaxy note 10.1 for a while. How does the raspberry pi handle hd streams?
    It's working great :) It runs my 1080p movie collection without troubles as well, it's incredible.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    It works for me now :tup:

Although it says I need to configure sopcast.

Tried to stream something, I don't have much time now, but it was so-so.. it kept buffering when I tried Liverpool stream. It looks great though, if the buffering disappears it's one hell of a program.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
    Jul 28, 2011
    It works for me now :tup:

Although it says I need to configure sopcast.

Tried to stream something, I don't have much time now, but it was so-so.. it kept buffering when I tried Liverpool stream. It looks great though, if the buffering disappears it's one hell of a program.
    Same thing happen to me, I installed all again. You have to run as administrator, first time you install it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)