Kiev crisis / Euromaidan (4 Viewers)

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
funny how none of these things (eastern europe riots) are covered in the media, but when justin bieber smokes a joint the whole world is going insane....

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Shit really hit the fan there and I can't see it not escalating more in the near future.

These people are too wild for all of this to calm down.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
funny how none of these things (eastern europe riots) are covered in the media, but when justin bieber smokes a joint the whole world is going insane....
I dunno what they're censoring in the Netherlands, but this story is all over here in the U.S.

Though if you look at the videos, it's primarily the protestors killing the crap out of police officers. (Of course, thank you, RT.)

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
I dunno what they're censoring in the Netherlands, but this story is all over here in the U.S.

Though if you look at the videos, it's primarily the protestors killing the crap out of police officers. (Of course, thank you, RT.)
It is over the news now in the netherlands... but the riots in bosnia weren't...
also: reports in holland say: 100 killed and 500 injured... damn this is a horrible situation

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
This is to be expected when you bow down to the demands of your russian overlords rather than follow the wishes of your people.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
This is to be expected when you bow down to the demands of your russian overlords rather than follow the wishes of your people.
Indeed.

But it is their own fault for electing an obvious pro-Russia, anti-EU President.

Though the situation in Ukraine is not really that simple. The eastern half of the country is populated by a large ammount of ethnic Russians and so is the whole Crimea. Meanwhile the western part is much more pro-european and populated mostly by Ukrainians and some Poles.

Of course nothing excuses what Janukovych did. This guy will either have to run to South America or he will probably hang on some tree sooner or later.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
One Ukrainian girl still used a twitter to say "I'm dying" after she was hit in the neck by the sniper. Damn. People are really addicted to social sites.

olesios-zukovskajos-zinute-53061c5611ace.jpg

You also should see this.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It is over the news now in the netherlands... but the riots in bosnia weren't...
also: reports in holland say: 100 killed and 500 injured... damn this is a horrible situation
Ah, I see. But the root causes are very different. While Dusan can attest to the plague of high unemployment, that's an economic root with political influences. Euromaidan is directly political in its roots, where culpability is far more direct and thus people are bound to get far more confrontational.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Apparently he changed the constitution so that there is very little parliament can do to stop his decisions.
Ukraine used to have the presidential system which they changed to a parliamentary system after the Orange Revolution. When Janukovych and his party came to power they changed it back so yeah he has the most to say now. But it is pretty obvious that he is actually dependend on Russia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)