Pablo Daniel Osvaldo (2 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

Pablo Daniel Osvaldo made his competitive football debut in the Argentine 2nd Division for Club Atlético Huracán in 2005. After less than a year he was signed by Italian side Atalanta, where he played only three matches with a single goal in the Serie B 2005–06. In 2006 Atalanta agreed to a co-ownership deal which sent the player to Lecce, another Serie B team, where Osvaldo had the opportunity to play regularly, scoring eight goals in 31 appearances with the giallorossi. Following such a fairly impressive season, Atalanta regained the full player's property and sold him to Fiorentina for €4.6 million. He played his first Serie A match on September 29, 2007, scoring two goals in a 3–0 away win to Livorno.

On March 2, 2008 he headed in a cross from team mate Papa Waigo to give Fiorentina a 3–2 win in stoppage time over their fiercest rivals, Juventus. He was then sent off for his goal celebration, after having been booked earlier in the match, when he removed his team jersey and pretended to machine gun his own fans in a similar fashion to Fiorentina legend Gabriel Batistuta's goal celebration. His most important goal was a spectacular overhead kick against Torino on May 18, 2008.The victory of that match allowed Fiorentina to finish two points ahead of Milan and qualify for UEFA Champions League.

He left Fiorentina on January 20, 2009 and joined Bologna on loan for €2 million. At the end of season Bologna bought him for an additional €5 million. He signed a 4-year contract. On 23 August 2009 Osvaldo scored the season opening goal for Bologna against his former club Fiorentina and gave his team a tie.

Espanyol

On January 10, 2010, Spanish club RCD Espanyol announced that they signed the Italo-Argentine forward on loan until June 2010, pending a medical examination. He made his La Liga debut, coming on as a 54th minute substitute for Iván Alonso in the 2–0 away defeat to Osasuna.

On 3 June 2010 his loan was extended for another season, weeks after the player declared his interest of staying at Spain. On 31 August 2010 Osvaldo's loan deal with Espanyol was turned into a 5-year-deal[citation needed] for a fee worth €4.6 million. In accounting Bologna had a profit of €1,058,333. [€4.6 million minus (€5 million times 34 months over 4years)]

Roma

After a successful season, where Osvaldo scored more than a goal every other game, he was sold to Roma for a fee up to €17.5 million on 25 August 2011. On 22 September 2011, Osvaldo scored his first goal for the Lupi against Siena that ended 1–1 at home. On 16 October 2011, Osvaldo opened the scoring against S.S. Lazio. He scored his fifth goal against Novara, on 5 November.

On 25 November 2011, Osvaldo was apparently angry with Lamela after not receiving a pass during the 2–0 defeat at Udinese, and was fined and suspended by his club for punching team-mate Erik Lamela in the face. On 19 March 2012, after three months he scored again in a 1–0 victory over Genoa. He scored in 2–1 loss against Milan, and a week later in 5–2 victory over Novara. He also scored the opening goal in a 3–1 victory over Udinese.

Osvaldo opened the 2012–13 season with a bicycle kick goal against Catania in a 2–2 draw. On September 2, he scored his second goal of the season against Internazionale in a match that saw Roma win 3–1 against the nerazzurri at the San Siro. He scored his third league goal against Juventus in a 4–1 defeat from the penalty spot. He scored two goals in a 4–2 win over Genoa, and scored his sixth goal of the season in a 4–1 win against Palermo on 4 November. He scored a goal against Torino in a 2-0 win from penalty spot. After he scored a goal against Fiorentina for a 4-2 win for A.S. Roma. He is Roma's top scorer with Erik Lamela. He scored hist 9th goal in the season against AC Milan.

International career

Osvaldo qualified for Italian citizenship through a great-grandfather who was born in Filottrano and later emigrated to Argentina. On 5 October 2011, due to the injuries that caused the withdrawal of Mario Balotelli and Giampaolo Pazzini, Osvaldo received his first call-up to play for the Italian national team for Euro 2012 Qualifiers against Serbia and Northern Ireland. On 11 October 2011, he made his debut in the match won 3–0 against Northern Ireland. However, he was not chosen by coach Prandelli to represent Italy for UEFA Euro 2012. He was recalled by Prandelli for the 2014 World Cup Qualifiers against Bulgaria and Malta. He netted his first 2 International goals for Azzurri away against Bulgaria within the space of 4 minutes to put Italy in front after being a goal down early.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's see if I jix it again lol.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #6
    I seriously think I have some powers.

I had no idea Gian wanted to open it. Didn't browse so many pages and we know there'd be someone to do it before.

Like me. I totally jinxed this :lol:

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    I've learned my lesson. Guarin and Osvaldo might still come but let's wait when the clubs announce it. :D

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #10
    Loan with option to buy for 20mln euros, which is totally insane.

This makes me think he's a 6 month solution. I'm fine with that. Buying him would be crazy and stupid.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #11
    Oh well.

Welcome Pablooooooooooooooo! He will prove so many people wrong. Yet, I still hope we won't buy him for 18mln euros, but I think we'll surely bid in the summer.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    Not officially official yet?

I don't have any doubt he'll come, but shouldn't we only open this thread after official confirmation?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)