Daniele Rugani - Player discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 207
Page 207 of 210 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,140 of 4181

Thread: Daniele Rugani

Cash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    He wont be sold, this guy has Juve written all over him and he will be patient. Its just a matter of time Benatia or Chiellini gets another injury. Allegri ia not playing him often because its clear he is not ready yet, but im certain he is in our future plans.

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is his third year waiting. Can't really blame him if he want to leave.

Allegri doesn't do us any favours. I understand why Max wanna play experienced Barzagli, Chiellini and now godmode Benatia over him. But if it get to that point Daniele decide to take his bags somewhere else. I think we lose very very good player.

He have not been good this season, little error prone perhaps. But he have not been playing constantly for 3 years. When did, he was one best centre-backs in Serie A only age 20.
    People tend to forget best backlines takes time to evolve, and some are maybe blindsighted because we have had historical backline now 6-7 years. Possible its not going to be on that level never again.

Rugani is over 6 ft 2 He is very good with the ball, and he have shown abilities to be first class defender. I really like way he push the ball forward. So qualities are there. Only quality he lacks is experience. I think its pretty harsh to assume he dominates like someone from BBC, when he is not even playing much. If someone play Benatia card here. Remember also that Benatia have more experience with other good clubs. Rugani is still a boy.

I really hope Rugani still have patience to wait for summer. I don't think its going to get better under Allegri. Max want to win now. He don't have time to wait. And thats why he play all trusted veterans. He still believes they all come around. And that fine this season. But next year i think we have to part ways with Allegri. We have to start playing youngsters soon. And i don't want Allegri near Caldara, Spinazzola or Mandragora.

Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1856 Post(s)
    http://www.juventuz.com/threads/4321...017-2018-stats

JUVENTUS 2430 minutes
    01. Higuain 2105 minutes
    02. Dybala 1927
    03. Mandzukic 1680
    04. Alex Sandro 1640
    05. Chiellini 1637
    06. Pjanic 1574
    07. Matuidi 1538
    08. Buffon 1440
    09. Cuadrado 1402
    10. Barzagli 1313
    11. Khedira 1301
    12. Benatia 1190
    13. D. Costa 1161
    14. Rugani 1100
    15. Lichtsteiner 1097
    16. Szczesny 990
    17. Asamoah 790
    18. Bentancur 683
    19. De Sciglio 617
    20. Bernardeschi 517
    21. Sturaro 500
    22. Marchisio 398
    23. Hoewedes 68
    24. Caligara 3
    i doubt any of that BS about him wanting out, but if its true he can leave for all i care. hes played 1100 minutes and 13 games out of 2430 available in 27 games so far, on pace for ~2200 minutes for the season (probably more, once we start resting players for CL), which is much more than the ~1500 he played in both of last 2 seasons. all that at a top4 club in Europe, with 3 (4 if we count Howedes) other great CBs, at the age of 23. unless youre 23 year old Nesta, shut up and train.
    35 SUL CAMPO ✔

Banned

Cash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post

i doubt any of that BS about him wanting out, but if its true he can leave for all i care. hes played 1100 minutes and 13 games out of 2430 available in 27 games so far, on pace for ~2200 minutes for the season (probably more, once we start resting players for CL), which is much more than the ~1500 he played in both of last 2 seasons. all that at a top4 club in Europe, with 3 (4 if we count Howedes) other great CBs, at the age of 23. unless youre 23 year old Nesta, shut up and train.
    And it's not as if his performances justify much more than that.

Optimist Prime

Cash
    Mentioned
    2186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post

Haha the last sentence
    2017/2018 - 26 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Lurkers have rights too.

Cash
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    It's not about whether he deserves being played more or others deserve playing less, the guy is entering his prime and won't be content with playing 1/3 of the games much longer. If I were him I'd seriously consider to leave after 3 seasons of unsuccessful break through, imo we either retire Barza and trust this guy or start looking for a good deal.
    Sono sempre al tuo fianco,
    io di te non mi stanco.
    Sei la cosa piu bella che c'è
    Alessandro Del Piero, ale!

Optimist Prime

Cash
    Mentioned
    2186 Post(s)
    I said before, I think it’s time to move forward beyond barzagli. If anything stop relying so much in him and get Rugani out there more than barz. Their roles should be flipped
    2017/2018 - 26 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Lurkers have rights too.

Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1856 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    It's not about whether he deserves being played more or others deserve playing less, the guy is entering his prime and won't be content with playing 1/3 of the games much longer. If I were him I'd seriously consider to leave after 3 seasons of unsuccessful break through, imo we either retire Barza and trust this guy or start looking for a good deal.
    if you look at the numbers above, we do that with every position, sharing of playing time. Barza had his fair share of minutes at RB, doubt he has played more that Ruga at CB and Benatia overtook him only recently due to amazing form, and the only lock is Chiellini. he joined a team with 4 other WC CBs at a young age, he gets playing time and it increases each season. i doubt hes worried
    35 SUL CAMPO ✔

Cash
    Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Mentioning Howedes as a great CB. Come on man. This isn't 2013, and the guy has been injured for an eternity
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

Cash
    Mentioned
    1856 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    Mentioning Howedes as a great CB. Come on man. This isn't 2013, and the guy has been injured for an eternity
    I meant Bonu, Bene wasn't here when Ruga arrived
    35 SUL CAMPO ✔

Cash
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    While i agree that rugani needs to be patient, i find no excuses to giving minutes to barzagli instead of him.

I mean, barzagli is way too old. Allegri is making a mistake by not introducing rugani to the first team and instead relying on a very old baerzagli. We all know barza knows how to defend and is more experienced than rugani, but come on, the guy is retiring material.

Better to use this precious time to see more of rugani, than trying to extend the ibevitable with barxagli.
    KHDownloads

Click the link please

Cash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Well, quite possible Barza is simply better

Cash
    Mentioned
    1412 Post(s)
    I totally forgot that we got Howedes
    Ban Cronios

Cash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Well, he was not impressive at all, no wonder Barza plays

Juventuz regular edgardavids2608's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantôme View Post
    This is his third year waiting. Can't really blame him if he want to leave.

Allegri doesn't do us any favours. I understand why Max wanna play experienced Barzagli, Chiellini and now godmode Benatia over him. But if it get to that point Daniele decide to take his bags somewhere else. I think we lose very very good player.

He have not been good this season, little error prone perhaps. But he have not been playing constantly for 3 years. When did, he was one best centre-backs in Serie A only age 20.
    People tend to forget best backlines takes time to evolve, and some are maybe blindsighted because we have had historical backline now 6-7 years. Possible its not going to be on that level never again.

Rugani is over 6 ft 2 He is very good with the ball, and he have shown abilities to be first class defender. I really like way he push the ball forward. So qualities are there. Only quality he lacks is experience. I think its pretty harsh to assume he dominates like someone from BBC, when he is not even playing much. If someone play Benatia card here. Remember also that Benatia have more experience with other good clubs. Rugani is still a boy.

I really hope Rugani still have patience to wait for summer. I don't think its going to get better under Allegri. Max want to win now. He don't have time to wait. And thats why he play all trusted veterans. He still believes they all come around. And that fine this season. But next year i think we have to part ways with Allegri. We have to start playing youngsters soon. And i don't want Allegri near Caldara, Spinazzola or Mandragora.
    Why do we have to start playing youngsters soon? Thats wasting the talent of Buffon Chiellini, Higgy, and Mandzukic trying to build for the future. What big team does this? If they arent better than the starter they shouldnt start and its hard to argue hes better than Chiellini/Benatia right now
    "I would say that I am having less sex now that I’m playing in Serie B – there is more to think about in this division.”

Cash
    Mentioned
    1856 Post(s)
    Barza played ~300 of his 1300 minutes at RB, Rugani and Benatia both played 1190 minutes so far. the only constant (as it should be) is Chiellini, the other spot depends on tactical reasons, form, fatigue and health, as neither of them (other than recent version of Benatia) has justified being the undisputed starter over the other
    35 SUL CAMPO ✔

Juventuz regular edgardavids2608's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I agree but if Bentia keeps this form up which I dont see him not playing well but our defense has looked better with Benatia. Im all for playing the best player and ot factoring in age and anything else.
    "I would say that I am having less sex now that I’m playing in Serie B – there is more to think about in this division.”

Cash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    I hope we keep him for years but it is reasonable to play Chiellini and Benatia ahead of him. They are playing great.
    Forza Juventus Forza Azzurri

"Nobody cares.... Nobody cares.... Worry about yourself, your family, and the people that are important to you."

Juventuz regular Afghan_juventus's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Benatia looks this good because as a whole we have become more solid defensively and are playing more disciplined. If Barzagli and maybe Rugani would play in his place they would do just aswell. Chiello $#@!s on Benatia.

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edgardavids2608 View Post
    Why do we have to start playing youngsters soon? Thats wasting the talent of Buffon Chiellini, Higgy, and Mandzukic trying to build for the future. What big team does this? If they arent better than the starter they shouldnt start and its hard to argue hes better than Chiellini/Benatia right now
    Of course they shouldn't start before better player. But there comes time, when this core can't do it anymore on this level. That is not so far away future. And throwing young guns to starting lineup without proper preparation could be catastrophic.

These youngster are also already pretty good players. I think some of them deserve more playing time. But i have accepted it. Under Allegri its hard to be young and inexperienced.