Biggest waste of a talent in football (16 Viewers)

Jul 1, 2010
Hey guys, I was thinking about this today after I watched this video on Adriano. Which player wasted his career/talent the most in recent memories?

For me it definitely has to be Adriano. That man had everything you want in a striker and that left foot of his was absolute dynamite. He had one of the most powerful shots I have ever seen.

Cassano is also one who could have been so much more, and Balotelli is on that path if he doesn't stop being an idiot (that's gonna be quite hard).

Any thoughts?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Trequartista
Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #4
    He was always only a dribbler, he never had any end product, good decision-making, or positioning sense. He's quite similar to Robinho, all hype due to his dribbling skill but no substance.

On the other hand, the guys I mentioned had pretty much everything but fucked up their career due to sheer stupidity or personal problems.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
    Whoever anyone nominates, no one will top this guy:

I remember his debut, on the same day Ronaldo made his, and he blasted 2 absolute belters into the top corner from about 4,000 yards out (exaggeration I know :lol:)

He had the talent to be as good as Baggio or even better (and I don't give that honour out lightly). He just never had the mental approach of a Del Piero or a Zanetti.

He is the epitome of wasted talent. No one comes close in my book, he had genius written all over him.

venus_isle

Sep 23, 2010
    Adriano is such a waste of talent I agree. He was a monster on his days. I thought he couldve became the next ronaldo for brazil.

And this guy is only 31. Ronaldo was still owning the game at 31 eventhough he was easily injured all the time.

OP
    Trequartista
    Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #11
    Adriano is such a waste of talent I agree. He was a monster on his days. I thought he couldve became the next ronaldo for brazil.

And this guy is only 31. Ronaldo was still owning the game at 31 eventhough he was easily injured all the time.
    I still remember when he scored five goals in a single game in the Copa America 2004. I thought he was destined for greatness.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    He was always only a dribbler, he never had any end product, good decision-making, or positioning sense. He's quite similar to Robinho, all hype due to his dribbling skill but no substance.

On the other hand, the guys I mentioned had pretty much everything but fucked up their career due to sheer stupidity or personal problems.
    I call b.s. Back in his Sporting days, he was considered the young Portuguese god wing of the future, with Cristiano Ronaldo a runner-up to his technical abilities. Yes, there's the shooting and scoring technique on the outside of his foot that no one else has really quite mastered (which is at least more than dribbling). But he did manage to be the Portuguese league's player of the year on at least one occasion.

His problem was more mental than anything. The real difference between him and Ronaldo comes down to discipline, mental and physical.

It's like what Conte said: he saw many young players who were supposed to be way better than him technically come and go, but he rode it out for 14 years because his head and heart kept him striving and improving.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)