Mattia Perin (1 Viewer)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Amazing goalie I really hope we try to get him after Buffon.

Full name: Mattia Perin
Date of birth: 10 November 1992 (age 20)
Place of birth: Latina, Italy
Height: 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)
Playing position: Goalkeeper​

Mattia Perin (born 10 November 1992) is an Italian footballer who plays as a goalkeeper for Serie A club Genoa.

Club career

Product of Genoa youth system, Perin was promoted to first team squad on January 2010, as a third-choice goalkeeper, and received the 88 jersey. He appeared on the bench in the matches against Grosseto (20 October 2010), Vicenza (24 November), Inter (12 January 2011) and Lazio (14 May). He made his professional and Serie A debut on 22 May 2011, playing as a starter in the 3-2 home victory against Cesena.
On July 2011, he was loaned to Serie B club Padova. He made his Serie B debut on 1 October 2011, playing as a starter in the away match won 4–2 against Empoli.
On summer 2012, he was loaned to Pescara, newly promoted in Serie A, obtaining 29 league appearances at the end of the season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He's a bouncy little fella. I think he's a bit too erratic to play for a big club at this point, gets a little carried away sometimes, but in terms of agility and shot stopping he's one of the most gifted in the league.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Followed him at Pescara, think he has a lot of potential. Between him, Bardi & Leali there are several potentially great young Italian goalkeepers out there right now.

OP
Ali

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    He's a bouncy little fella. I think he's a bit too erratic to play for a big club at this point, gets a little carried away sometimes, but in terms of agility and shot stopping he's one of the most gifted in the league.
    He's still young and that stint at Pescara did him good. He had the worst defence & managed to keep the scores down even when losing 5-0. Of course he is not ready for a big club yet but I would like to see him behind a better defence.
    That save from Pirlo :eek:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    He's still young and that stint at Pescara did him good. He had the worst defence & managed to keep the scores down even when losing 5-0. Of course he is not ready for a big club yet but I would like to see him behind a better defence.
    That save from Pirlo :eek:
    Yes but for example did you see how he initially 'dealt' with that ball in to Llorente which he then made a good save on? Decision making is extremely important, and you have basically no room for error at a big club. You have to be prepared to take the inevitably costly mistakes on the chin like Man Utd did with De Gea, and they paid a massive amount of money for him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)