A Legend in His Own Mind: (3 Viewers)

Jul 12, 2002
Alright mates, it’s finally happened, I’ve reached the 5k mark and I for one think that this deserves a proper dedication. ;) First of all, I came here at a time when I lived in a foreign country and no one there spoke Juve. This forum has been the only place for me to talk Juventus with real fans since I left France. And all the people here have just been great, so here goes:

Erik: You are probably my favourite poster on this forum. You have a passion for the game and for total football that I admire and appreciate. You once told me that as far as you were concerned, I was an honourary Dutch citizen, and that meant a lot.

Martin: Everybody dedicates to you and thanks you for providing the forum, and I thank you for that, but I also want to thank you for being such a great moderator, and writer of rules (;)). And I want to thank you for being such a great poster, always thoughtful, but not above being personable. So, thanks Martin.

Nina: You and I are very different people, I have no heart, and you have no brain! :LOL: But you are great, you know so much of Juve and the world in general, I really couldn’t imagine this forum without you.

Lac: You are one of the funniest people I’ve ever met, and yet you can still be serious and you are a fantastically deep thinker. Thanks for always having something silly going on and thanks for always answering my weird questions truthfully. ;)

Mac: Mostly for the old days when we used to clash. Those times when we would go on for pages and pages, back and forth about Edwin and Gigi, those were some good times, and I wouldn’t have stayed on these forums without them.

Paul: You are a very smart person, and you constantly frustrate me with that. I’ve never outsmarted you, never put one past you, never even had a better fact than you, and you always keep a cool head about you. IT FRUSTRATES THE HELL OUT OF ME! But, I love you for it and it keeps me coming back and it keeps me entertained.

Glen: You are seriously the most thoughtful person I’ve ever met. Your epic posts are legendary and your knowledge is expansive. And I want to thank you for the politiks forum, it’s certainly a strange, but wonderful place, and you are its creator.

DJ: You are a wild an crazy guy and I still don’t know what the hell you were on about half the time, but you lightened every situation and your presence was one of frantic, but purposeful hilarity. Thanks for that.

Tom: You are a very dedicated person, sometimes I wonder how you manage to be the second highest poster here and such a celebrity on XT, but I think that it’s great that you contribute so much, and I certainly wouldn’t have enough to talk about without you around. And also, you and I share a common ground that is strangely uncommon, being fans of both Barca and Juve...

Nekton: I remember back in the day, when you weren’t a mod and you posted like mad. Those were some good times. You’re a good guy and a wizz with the video stuff, something that I could never understand. Not only that, but you are Swedish, so I have just two words, which I’m sure you’ll join me in shouting, “VIKING POWER!”

Ally: Last time I did one of these we decided we would get to know each other better. What happened? Even if we don’t talk much, I still appreciate your contributions to this forum.

Denco: You are among the best quality posters on this board, and though we often disagree, I thoroughly enjoy debating you. Your depth of football knowledge far surpasses my own, and you present it in a eloquent and efficient manner, thanks for that.

Tarmpropp: You are quite the fellow, Torkel. You manage to be a mod over on XT, a high volume and quality poster here, and drop by the politiks board to put your two cents. And everywhere you are a good person and easy to get along with. Your contribution to the board can not be overlooked.

Karlberg: You crazy Dane you! I love your creativity, especially the “Reveal Yourself” thread, because, I really enjoy nothing more than talking about myself. ;) :LOL:

Zambrotta: You, my friend, are easily taken for granted. You make such unassuming yet insightful and passionate posts, I admire your understatedness. And, most of all you are a true Zambrotta fan, something that we Zamby fans could use more of around here.

Jules: You are a light in the darkness once again. You used to be such a great contributor to this forum, and now you’re back. I used to think, “What would Jules say if she were here?” And now you’re back and I don’t have to wonder. Thanks

Jaansu: I once complimented you on being a man of few words, whose presence was nevertheless clearly felt. It appears that you’ve taken this to extremes, but you’ve returned from your silence and I am glad that you’re back.

dpforever: I don’t know mate, what can I say about you that does you justice. You are a moderator of extremely high class and excellent initiative, and that’s what I like most. You start things and carry them through. Thanks for giving us all some stuff to do!

Majed: You’re a funny person, not in an unusual way, but in a subtle way, and I appreciate it.

Paranoia: You are like my shadow sometimes or maybe it’s the other way ‘round? Either way, you and I are constantly competing to have our name at the end of the thread, mostly because we have so much to say. Thanks for being a loudmouth with me.

JKane: Another old time great who has been lost but now found. You are the most prolific poster of highly original quality material that I’ve ever seen. But if you don’t pick it up around here, I’m likely to pass you.

Big Izz: Well Matt, apparently you’re quite busy now and don’t have too much time to spend around here, but I’ve to say that I miss you. A fan of your spirit and dedication is hard to find, especially in America!

Fantasista: You, mate are a bloody hard lad to keep down. I’ll reply to every thread in a forum and you come along and reply to everything that I’ve said, it’s amazing. Thanks for keeping the conversation going.

DaJuve: Your name says it all, DaJuve. You are Juventino to the core, something that I am not. You have faith, something that I lack. Thanks for being a Juve fan.

Greg: The Trance thread. You are the man! I love that thread! And no I’m not “taking the mike” here. I never get to go to the good clubs anymore, but I love trance, techno, electronica, and house, and you are my main hook up with new songs. Thanks.

Mate: You are a surprisingly realistic Baggio fan, even if you are a bit zealous. Thank for the realism man.

Man. United Visitor: You are the nicest Man U fan that I’ve ever met. Not sayin’ much, right? ;) But seriously, you are a great guy to come this board and do us such honours.

Spartacus: I know that you aren’t around anymore, but I for one appreciated your dose of reality when you brought it, thanks.

Gonj: Thanks for being a fellow Ausie, it’s good to have a little of home where ever I go.

Roverboy: Damn you are a great fan and a great poster. And Blackburn is a fine club, especially with Brad Friedel. Keep up the good work mate!

Christian_Vieri: You are an interesting debater and I have had some fun times grappling with you, thanks.

The 222 people who didn’t post after registering: Where are you guys?

Everybody else: Y’all are the best, I love this place and all the people!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jul 28, 2002
hats off m8..well done :thumb:

shame about the odd choice in car...classy, but odd!

well done ian:cool:

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
Ian I dont usually call things the 'best' ever when im making a realistic analysis, but this was the best dedication ive heard so far. Ever.

And its not because of your thoughts on me.....nevertheless they still touch my heart :touched:

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
Ohh, this is sth what I can call a dedication!
And I'm a bit speechless after reading all this. Great thing :thumb:

First of all
:star: Congratulations :star:
Wonderful contribution to this forum :)

I guess we are in other worlds on this forum, but hopefully someday we will know each other better. I wish we will :)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++
And a legend in his own mind is a legend in his own world.

Thats all that matters......life is all about sharing a piece of your world with the rest of ours....
Oh Lac I will start to quote you :D;)
I love this part :)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
congrats Ian :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Great Dedication and thanks for the mention and the kind words(i think ;) )

i'll say this once again just for this special occassion:
"VDS is a ....hmm...a....a....grr....grrea.....good goal keeper".....
there i said it :stress: ;)

:D

SilvLightning

Sep 1, 2002
That was trully a great dedication :thumb:
:star:Congratulations on you 5k posts Rickenbacker2 :star:
I don't post much around here, but I always read most of the posts and I have to say that yours are very interesting to read.:)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Ally: Last time I did one of these we decided we would get to know each other better. What happened? Even if we don’t talk much, I still appreciate your contributions to this forum.
You should get to know her better shes gr8

You are among the best quality posters on this board, and though we often disagree, I thoroughly enjoy debating you. Your depth of football knowledge far surpasses my own, and you present it in a eloquent and efficient manner, thanks for that.
This is true:D No seriously i am very touched and I am honoured that u enjoy my posts and you are quite a very good poster yourself and its a priviledge to know you
around here.

Mate: You are a surprisingly realistic Baggio fan, even if you are a bit zealous. Thank for the realism man.
:eek::D You have gotta be kidding surely, realistic, come on the guys loves Baggio to death:D

OP
Ian
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

:eek::D You have gotta be kidding surely, realistic, come on the guys loves Baggio to death:D

:LOL: Haha, well you know, for a Baggio fan he is realistic! :LOL:

Greg

Oct 1, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Greg: The Trance thread. You are the man! I love that thread! And no I’m not “taking the mike” here. I never get to go to the good clubs anymore, but I love trance, techno, electronica, and house, and you are my main hook up with new songs. Thanks.
    Congrats Ian on reaching the BIG 5, and cheers for the dedication- I'd like to hear some of your recomendations too:cool:

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    congrats Ian, and thats one of the better dedications I've read too. You're an integral part of the forum and its a pleasure arguing with you ;)

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by Greg ] ++
    Congrats Ian on reaching the BIG 5, and cheers for the dedication- I'd like to hear some of your recomendations too:cool:
    Will do.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    thanks ian!that was sweet,especially coming from a poster like you who's not known for thoughtful dedications like this.the 5000 posts have contributed greatly as well!:thumb::star::touched::)

keep going!

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    Congratulations Ian:star:, thanks for the kind words :proud: and thanks for your wonderful contribution here and on the politics board.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)