Cars and Motorsport (1 Viewer)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I've noticed there wasent a thread about cars yet, aside from the picture one.

So i was wondering, what cars you guys drive ? Wich ones do you dream off ? And what motorsports do you follow ?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a former mazda mx3 (no not that cabriolet mx5) driver, but had to sell it when i went to colleague again.

Always been a big fan of not neccecary a certain brand, but engineering magnificence. Wich is mainly european/japaneese, since americans cant even build a proper suspention :tongue:

Also, group c > F1, but you probably found that out by the picture

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
  • Thread Starter #3
    Cause beauty is only a part of a car, and not neccecarely important.

If you are a bit into cars, you'll notice a massive diffrence in quality comparing american to european or japaneese cars.
    Mainly in therms of handeling, or the performance they get out a certain engine.

Having that said, i goddamn love a Shelby Cobra, Ford GT-40 and Dodge challenger. They are badly made, but look and sound fantastic, and do relatively well in a straight line

OP

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
  • Thread Starter #5
    you know they're badly made because you drive them all the time?
    I read and watch plenty of reviews about cars, in addition to beeing an engineering student, where we get over plenty of related concepts.

You can shortcut it and watch top gear really. They are populistic about brittish made cars, and far to anti german, but spot on about american cars.

First of all,there is the engine. Aside from ford, no one seems to be able after all this time, to get a decent performance out of a certain engine. Comparing the bigger engines to their german counterpart, the sportscars to their italian counterparts, or the "smaller" engines to the japaneese counterparts, the diffrences are staggering.

Secondly, there is the handeling. if you look at all the precise work BMW or Honda puts into their cars. If you compare the way for example a BMW 5 series corners, wich isnt a small car, and compare to american equivalents, its a nightmare.

Interiorwise its a simular thing.

Over the years, i've gradually become a BMW/Honda fan when it comes down to build quality and endurance. The work they put into their cars to get that perfect performance out of an engineblock is amazing, the way they can get that balance and handeling right...
    On top of that, every good supercar is powered by a german engine these days, and it shows

OP

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
  • Thread Starter #6
    I have a question i'm wondering about.

Next year, i'm graduating, and i can finally get myself a car again. I was wondering if people had some good suggestions for me.

I like sporting, wel engineered cars. But the budged cannot exceed 12-15k euro. Second hand offcourse. I'm becomming 29 that year, so inshurance isnt that big of a deal, but tax is. I'm looking at something not older then 12 years.

So far, the best i've come up with is the 2005 Lancer evo VIII 2.0 (195kw/265pk). The tax is not that high since its a 2liter and produces just 185mg Co. i was wondering if anyone had another suggestion

piotrr

Мodеrator
    Sep 13, 2011
    Actually i'm in the similar situation, i think i'll buy a new car next year with the budget up to ~15k euro. Just like you looking for some sport car :D
    My dream is Camaro or Challenger but they're too expensive here unfortunately..
    I'm still to do some bigger research but i think for this price i will find some nice Audi TT.
    What do you think about TT, RX-8 or Infinity g35?

The guy i know is about to sell his 2005 Lotus Elise (only 20k km !) for about 17k. Damn sweeet car, but only 2 seats, doesn't really suits me :/

OP

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
  • Thread Starter #8
    American muscle cars are cool, but the problem is that you are paying horribly much for their CO2 output and displacement.
    On top of that, they are horribly around corners, and the performance is dissapointing considering its size.

RX-8 has simular issues. Its a 2.7l engine, so the yearly tax is high, while its CO2 output is not good eighter, but thats offset by the lower power
    (the tax you pay in belgium for paying a vehicle, is 67% based on co2 output, and 33% on power)

Infini has a bit the same deal.

an audi TT is interesting. they give nice power, but low CO2 output, and relatively low displacement. Interesting car !

Personally, i'm all for the lancer evo 8 tho. 2liter turbo with relatively low CO2 output, makes it affordable, while giving the performance of a supercar

- - - Updated - - -

The guy i know is about to sell his 2005 Lotus Elise (only 20k km !) for about 17k. Damn sweeet car, but only 2 seats, doesn't really suits me :/

elises are amazing drive tho :tongue:

piotrr

Мodеrator
    Sep 13, 2011
    Well we don't have a CO2 tax here so it's not a problem for me:p
    I know that those american muscle cars are considered to be bad at corners but honestly i don't care. I drived my friends 06' ford mustang a couple of times, handling and corners were not a problem. It's just about fullfilling a teenage dream :D But it can wait.

I'm not really convinced about RX-8 and G35 also the look is 'so-so'. Just wanted to write them as a possible options. TT is for sure a main candidate.
    Lancer is a very good car as well as Impreza but i'm not really into them.

From newer cars i like Peugeot RCZ and Toyota GT86, but again they're too expensive for now :D

elises are amazing drive tho :tongue:
    :agree::agree:
    +looking great, +rare. If not only for this two seats :cry:

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    Zoso's dream cars

Ferrari F40

Ferrari 458

Koenigsegg Agera R

Shelby Mustang GT500 'Eleanor' 1967

Alfa 147 GTA

Ferrari F50GT

Aston Martin DB9

Lamborghini Murcielago LP-670-4 SV

Nissan Skyline GTR R-34

Lamborghini Diablo SV

Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1

BMW M3 E46

McLaren F1 LM

Saleen S7

/thread

- - - Updated - - -

Well we don't have a CO2 tax here so it's not a problem for me:p
    I know that those american muscle cars are considered to be bad at corners but honestly i don't care. I drived my friends 06' ford mustang a couple of times, handling and corners were not a problem. It's just about fullfilling a teenage dream :D But it can wait.

I'm not really convinced about RX-8 and G35 also the look is 'so-so'. Just wanted to write them as a possible options. TT is for sure a main candidate.
    Lancer is a very good car as well as Impreza but i'm not really into them.

From newer cars i like Peugeot RCZ and Toyota GT86, but again they're too expensive for now :D
    147 GTA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)