Carlos Tevez - Rookie/history forum - Juventuz Forums - Page 538
Page 538 of 539 FirstFirst ... 38438488528536537538539 LastLast
Results 10,741 to 10,760 of 10768

Thread: Carlos Tevez

Cash
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Tevez has always been a bit of an odd dude. And there's many things you can criticise him of. But I don't ever recall him not being physically fit enough to play. Sure he's not skinny, but his weight has never really been an issue and it would surprise me if it was now.

http://www.gettyimages.be/fotos/carl...t=best#license

These images of just two months ago also say otherwise. Because he has never really gained much weight in the past, I don't think it's likely he has now.

I bet this is total bull$#@! and they're using this to be able to refuse payment. And now we're likely to see the real problem with making big money in Chinese football: what are you going to do when they refuse to pay you? Go to a Chinese judge? Good luck with that.
    Pretty sure asian ff and fifa are the arbitrators, and if fifa says they have to pay they will pay.
    Und alles, was man weiss, nicht bloss rauschen und brausen gehört hat, lässt sich in drei Worten sagen.

Cash
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GordoDeCentral View Post
    Pretty sure asian ff and fifa are the arbitrators, and if fifa says they have to pay they will pay.
    Yeah, it's possible there is some sort of arbitration procedure. But I still wouldn't feel confident having to go through all of that in China.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

Cash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tevez: Chinese football is 50 years behind
    http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?ac...d&idsel=188525

Cash
    Mentioned
    1643 Post(s)
    I generally like him, but he is too much of an uneducated impulsive peasant to be globetrotting around the world. Chinese football is far behind, but when they paying you 32m annually, least you can do is not spit in their faces?

His career would been far better if he wasnt so rash and undecisive, seems to be unsettled quickly wherever he goes. Even when its home (despite the mess of Boca, if you go back home to retire, stay there, or if you for big bucks, commit to it, not kick up $#@! months into it...).
    "If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce." - Guccimus Mane La Flaritus

"Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

Cash
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    I generally like him, but he is too much of an uneducated impulsive peasant to be globetrotting around the world. Chinese football is far behind, but when they paying you 32m annually, least you can do is not spit in their faces?

His career would been far better if he wasnt so rash and undecisive, seems to be unsettled quickly wherever he goes. Even when its home (despite the mess of Boca, if you go back home to retire, stay there, or if you for big bucks, commit to it, not kick up $#@! months into it...).

Chinese culture and habits are so different that they often feel very disrespectful to us. When I had a summer job as tour guide in Italy, we sometimes stayed in hotels with Chinese tourists. Some of the stuff they pulled.. Hotel staff would always be utterly disgusted with them. I think this is probably a big reason why many of the players who go there and earn big bucks want to come back after just two or three months and don't even bother being respectful to their employers anymore.

As for Tevez himself.. Footballwise he was my favorite Juventus player after Del Piero. I just love watching that man play football. But it's obvious he has some deeprooted psychological issues.

He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

Cash
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Chinese culture and habits are so different that they often feel very disrespectful to us. When I had a summer job as tour guide in Italy, we sometimes stayed in hotels with Chinese tourists. Some of the stuff they pulled.. Hotel staff would always be utterly disgusted with them. I think this is probably a big reason why many of the players who go there and earn big bucks want to come back after just two or three months and don't even bother being respectful to their employers anymore.

As for Tevez himself.. Footballwise he was my favorite Juventus player after Del Piero. I just love watching that man play football. But it's obvious he has some deeprooted psychological issues.
    Chinese, Russian, Australian: the unholy trinity of rudeness
    Und alles, was man weiss, nicht bloss rauschen und brausen gehört hat, lässt sich in drei Worten sagen.

Cash
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Ugh. They're the worst. Maybe it's because they're so far removed from everywhere else in the world, but many Australians are simply unable to grasp local customs wherever they go.

Cash
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post

Yeah you can't really fault him for being the end product resulting in poor IQ from a background of poverty. But that doesn't excuse common sense.
    only because of @The Pado

Quote Originally Posted by Dule90 View Post
    Put your hands down my pants.

Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1426 Post(s)
    add US americans and make it a foursome.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

Cash
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    Odd, everywhere i go Americans are actually the most welcomed, friendly generous and great tippers. Also they don't wake up at 6 am to towel invade a beach.

World Boss

Cash
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Most of the Americans I meet are friendly and polite. Europeans, not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Marchisio is needed asap.

Cash
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    add US americans
    Non-US Americans are the $#@!ing worst

Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1426 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    Most of the Americans I meet are friendly and polite. Europeans, not so much.
    The ones i met did everything to perpetuate the stereotype of them being loudmouthed and ignorant.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

World Boss

Cash
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    The ones i met did everything to perpetuate the stereotype of them being loudmouthed and ignorant.
    Probably tourists?
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Marchisio is needed asap.

Cash
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Odd, everywhere i go Americans are actually the most welcomed, friendly generous and great tippers. Also they don't wake up at 6 am to towel invade a beach.
    Americans are very friendly and are great tippers (though this is also cultural, most waiters in Europe are expected to be able to live from the salary they receive, not from the tips).

Btw, Italians have this weird fetish with Americans. On the one hand they often adore anything American (Ale has got this obsession too), on the other in tourist cities like Florence or Venice, they really look down on them.

Cash
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Americans are very friendly and are great tippers (though this is also cultural, most waiters in Europe are expected to be able to live from the salary they receive, not from the tips).

Btw, Italians have this weird fetish with Americans. On the one hand they often adore anything American (Ale has got this obsession too), on the other in tourist cities like Florence or Venice, they really look down on them.
    It's to do with touristy cities in general, with the affluence the tourists bring to the city there comes also a lot of inconvenience be it more traffic/crowds or increase in cost of living

Cash
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tourists are also the worst. Especially in NYC

Cash
    Mentioned
    2129 Post(s)
    Not really imo

The Americans I've met in Europe were generally really friendly & open. A bit loud & annoying over time maybe, but really not rude.

The stereotypical Muricans probably don't bother to even go overseas.

- - - Updated - - -

Germans have been way worse in my experience

- - - Updated - - -

It's to do with touristy cities in general, with the affluence the tourists bring to the city there comes also a lot of inconvenience be it more traffic/crowds or increase in cost of living
    Loads of tourists absolutely suck if you're living there, most annoying thing there is.
    NI.
    ~The Knights who say Ni.

Cash
    Mentioned
    683 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Loads of tourists absolutely suck if you're living there, most annoying thing there is.
    Why? I love tourists. Because they are going away again @DAiDEViL

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Americans in general I've found to be between normal and very, very loud, not really rude. Seems a bit obnoxious for British culture but it's just different.

Anyway Tevez isn't being professional and hasn't since he got to China. He probably doesn't take them seriously but that is biting the hand that feeds, he's getting seriously insane money and they have still given him extra time others wouldn't have. It shows how desperately they need these marquee players. It's true, the domestic level is really $#@!.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it