Daryl Janmaat - Defender - Feyenoord (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakku7

Jun 29, 2011
There is a mistake in his name in the title...

Anyway, he is the guy from this famous Paratici's list Tuttosport reprinted, so it's plausible that we are really interested. Especially if one of our current RB leave.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
More selling Licht rumors?

We should rather look for a proper LB instead, Caceres, Isla and in a lesser degree, returning Pepe or Sorensen can cover this position with a wide variety of attacking or defending options.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Well, I've seen very little of him in the Eredivisie, but like Gian said, most analysts seem to think he's the solution for the NT's right-back problem judging from his performances.

I've seen all of his NT games though ( he hasn't been part of our NT for very long, so it's only a few games ) and he does look very good. He's tall, strong and pretty damn fast. He's good with the ball at his feet and not just a brainless runner either, he's often involved in build-up play and usually looks up before he crosses resulting in some clever balls instead of just whipping it into the area like plenty of defenders do. He's had a couple of assists where he picked out exactly the player he wanted ( Netherlands - Estonia WC Qualifier comes to mind ).

I can't however say an awful lot about his defending abilities, because these WC Qualifiers have been one-way traffic 90% of the time. I don't remember him screwing up when being put under pressure though.

All-in-all he seems like a pretty good all-rounder who certainly has his best years ahead of him as he's only 23, but battering some pretty poor sides often makes players look good. You can see that he has the ability to make a good player by the way he handles the ball and his decision making though.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGVI03SnGJ8 Here's a link to said game, where he's involved in quite a few attacking moves and delivers some very neat crosses/passes.

Jul 20, 2012
Well, I've seen very little of him in the Eredivisie, but like Gian said, most analysts seem to think he's the solution for the NT's right-back problem judging from his performances.

I've seen all of his NT games though ( he hasn't been part of our NT for very long, so it's only a few games ) and he does look very good. He's tall, strong and pretty damn fast. He's good with the ball at his feet and not just a brainless runner either, he's often involved in build-up play and usually looks up before he crosses resulting in some clever balls instead of just whipping it into the area like plenty of defenders do. He's had a couple of assists where he picked out exactly the player he wanted ( Netherlands - Estonia WC Qualifier comes to mind ).

I can't however say an awful lot about his defending abilities, because these WC Qualifiers have been one-way traffic 90% of the time. I don't remember him screwing up when being put under pressure though.

All-in-all he seems like a pretty good all-rounder who certainly has his best years ahead of him as he's only 23, but battering some pretty poor sides often makes players look good. You can see that he has the ability to make a good player by the way he handles the ball and his decision making though.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGVI03SnGJ8 Here's a link to said game, where he's involved in quite a few attacking moves and delivers some very neat crosses/passes.
Nice video. He seems pretty good in that video so I cant judge how he really is. But if he is good and only 24 and only 4.5m then just give him a shot because it seems we will offload Isla

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Nice video. He seems pretty good in that video so I cant judge how he really is. But if he is good and only 24 and only 4.5m then just give him a shot because it seems we will offload Isla
It gives a pretty good idea of the kind of player he is. He's had one pretty quiet game, but he usually likes to get involved like in the vid. I like what I've seen so far but I haven't seen enough games ( nor were they tough games ) to really give a final opinion on him.

-

I've only just noticed it's Tuttosport that links us with him, are there any other sources claiming we're interested in the player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)