Recommendations? (1 Viewer)

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
Can anyone recommend me something to listen to?

A lot of you know what I like, Genesis, Fleetwood Mac, The Jam, Depeche Mode, motown/60s shit, 80s pop, what have you. Just looking for something new and different...

Likewise if other people are looking for recommendations, fire away.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Can anyone recommend me something to listen to?

A lot of you know what I like, Genesis, Fleetwood Mac, The Jam, Depeche Mode, motown/60s shit, 80s pop, what have you. Just looking for something new and different...

Likewise if other people are looking for recommendations, fire away.
May I suggest Solange Knowles? Don't let the last name fool you, her musical style is markedly different than Beyonce. Her first album was a contrived pop/ R & B abomination, but her 2nd album Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams, and her latest EP , True, is very good listening. And sinche you like 60's motown and the like, I would also suggest Mayer Hawthorne.

OP
Kate

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
  • Thread Starter #6
    :tup:

sisters of mercy, album : "a slight case of overbombing" and "floodland"
    Oh wow, nice! Honestly, something I never even thought of picking up, but first couple I give a quick listen to are just my thing!

May I suggest Solange Knowles? Don't let the last name fool you, her musical style is markedly different than Beyonce. Her first album was a contrived pop/ R & B abomination, but her 2nd album Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams, and her latest EP , True, is very good listening. And sinche you like 60's motown and the like, I would also suggest Mayer Hawthorne.
    That's a surprising rec, but I trust you. Thank you!

RHCP, Daft Punk, Placbo, Kings of Leon :D
    RHCP are one of my most hated bands of all time, the others I already listen to :D

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    Also: Soulwax and The Presets (first two albums only, their most recent one is absolutely pathetic).

OP
    Kate

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
  • Thread Starter #9
    Single's :

My corrosion
    Alice
    Mariane
    temple of love (1992 version)
    vision thing

massive songs !
    Ta!

Also: Soulwax and The Presets (first two albums only, their most recent one is absolutely pathetic).
    The Presets says something to me...did they do Talk Like That, or something like that?

OP
    Kate

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
  • Thread Starter #13
    OP
    Kate

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
  • Thread Starter #19
    I don't really care for rap, to be honest. On a rare occasion a little bit, but not as something I'd listen to again and again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)