What's missing... ?? (1 Viewer)

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Following @Salvatore idea on the game thread.

Probably worth making a thread on what Juve needs to compete with the likes of Bayern and Barcelona?

I for one thinks that the state of Serie is giving us of false image of this team, we are not as great as we think as a team, our so called best MF in the world was exposed, so did our defence. Our attack is still absymal.

To win in europe you need WC players, game changers, IMO we don't have any, Pirlo is past it.

We don't have any creative players that can make the difference and as soon as a team locked down Pirlo, our game stop flowing.

Conte also need to work on his in game adjustement, can't stuck to the same tactical plan and the same personnel even if it isn't working, it works in Serie A because other teams are shit, but in Europe you need adjustement.

What do you guys think we need ??

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Following @Salvatore idea on the game thread.

I for one thinks that the state of Serie is giving us of false image of this team, we are not as great as we think as a team, our so called best MF in the world was exposed, so did our defence. Our attack is still absymal.

To win in europe you need WC players, game changers, IMO we don't have any, Pirlo is past it.

We don't have any creative players that can make the difference and as soon as a team locked down Pirlo, our game stop flowing.

Conte also need to work on his in game adjustement, can't stuck to the same tactical plan and the same personnel even if it isn't working, it works in Serie A because other teams are shit, but in Europe you need adjustement.

What do you guys think we need ??
Suarez.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Suaraz and Isco...
We got rid of Del peiro without finding a proper replacement. Our bench is inferior compared to our starting 11, we need some kind of healthy competitions for starting positions.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
For starters, we need to sell almost everyone on the striker department. Along with llorente, we need to buy a superb SS who can do it all. A real world beater.

Secondly, we need to buy a real winger (or 2) who can take our game on the wings to another level. Asas and pelusos can defend, but they cannot open the game on the wings, or dribble past players or create on their own and being dangerous. Just look at robben and ribbery and you know just what we need.

Last but not least, we need to find a balance on mid and we need to start thinking about what we will do ith Pirlo. Should pogba start to be used more frequently in our line up at the expense of pirlo or marchisio or should we buy a new player to replace Pirlo in the near future?

Also, we need aybe some players to have a plan B formation or something.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Note that Gala had their asses handed to them worse than us in the first leg. But they had invested in acquisitions that were capable of making something of a tie out of the two legs.

We never made any sort of competitive match out of Bayern. Ever. At least not after the first 25 seconds.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Simply, invest heavily on WC forwards and wingers over the next two seasons. Players that will convince Conte to get back to playing with 4 defenders in a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 like the other top CL sides.

Jun 13, 2007
Guys stop panicking. Bayern have been building way before us and have spent so much more. They just have more quality. That doesn't mean we're bad at all, it just means we aren't the best. And honestly, is anyone surprised? Our attack is mediocre, our best lwb is nit playing in his natural position, and pirlo was just not pirlo for 180 mins.

What we need Is to slowly keep building our squad. To reach that top level, I think we need either 1 or 5 years. That depends on how serious the management is in taking us back to the very top of Europe again. When a player like vucinic becomes 4th choice, and Asamoah is our utility player instead of giach, or padoin, then we will be back on top.

Unfortunately, Pirlo had really let us down, but the German pave is just something he's not used to. Truthfully, no one is. So don't be too hard on him. Bayern will prob win it all. Having said that, veratti would be great. We need to have more players with vidals quality. Pogba will develop into a beast. Our defense is fine, maybe a bonucci replacement would be good.

All in all, to be back on top, we need two to three excellent strikers, 1 to 2 excellent midfielders. A great defender. This will likely happen in a few years, nut if we can get half those requirements this summer then we can expect a semi final CL finish next year.

Lorenzo Juve

May 4, 2012
The state of the forwards goes without saying. I think the lwb position is a pretty obvious one too. Pirlo cannot contribute much to the game other than creativity, so in a way he's almost a weak point in the mid. Lichtsteiner cannot offer too much offensively. He's a great player, but not Bayern / Barca level. Another player I love but have to single out is Marchisio. He cannot play like he did today in big games, and he's been so consistent (lol) in NOT showing up for the big games, at least this year. Finally, Conte needs to improve in game. I think everyone can agree on that. However I believe he can get better with some time. I would not even think about saying Conte needs a replacement.
This is not a list of 'weak players'. They are all great players, and they could all find a place on any top side. If you think they would make it on the starting XI of teams like Barca and Bayern though, you're wrong, with maybe the exception of Pirlo.
I'm not hating on the players or anything, I'm just trying to answer the question the best I can. Could be wrong, but this is my initial reaction to it all.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I worry that we might make the same mistakes as Milan did if we obsess about Bayern or Barca and build our team around trying to beat them. We may not even make it that far but getting il top player will definitely help.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Actually there was a post here a couple days ago that showed Juventus had spent far more than Bayern over the years.

As fucked up as that sounds.
To be fair though we've probably had to cycle through about 2 or 3 times the amount of players they have in the past few years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)