Post Rock (1 Viewer)

Preet

Powerpuff G!
Sep 7, 2010
that's the only mogwai song i like, long story behind why i had no choice but to listen to it but eventually it startee to grow on me

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
While a lot of classicists liked Come On Die Young, I'd have to say that Young Team is my favorite of theirs.

Other bands I like in that category include Austin TV and perhaps you can throw old Tortoise or maybe even Pelican in there for similarity's sake. And of course Explosions in the Sky. Joy Wants Eternity and Mono aren't half-bad.

Apr 15, 2006
that's the only mogwai song i like, long story behind why i had no choice but to listen to it but eventually it startee to grow on me

Just finished listening to this. I don't want to sound too critical here, but it was more repetitive than a post-2000 Iron Maiden chorus. Also, are all of their songs that boring?

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Because that's what it is. Someone who loves post rock could say 'why does other music change so much?'

Apr 15, 2006
Because that's what it is. Someone who loves post rock could say 'why does other music change so much?'
Cos musicians are usually creative and their songs usually consist of more than 1 riff or melody?

No wonder I didn't like ISIS very much.

- - - Updated - - -

not exactly! i listen to meshuggah as well so it changes like every microsecond
Are you sure Meshuggah are considered Post Rock?

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
not exactly! i listen to meshuggah as well so it changes like every microsecond
I said could not will.

Cos musicians are usually creative and their songs usually consist of more than 1 riff or melody?

No wonder I didn't like ISIS very much.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you sure Meshuggah are considered Post Rock?
Well not everything has to be the same you know.... I'm not telling you to listen to it but just accept it for what it is.

No, Meshuggah is not post rock.

OP
lastworkivy
Apr 7, 2013
  • Thread Starter #19
    I said would not will.

Well not everything has to be the same you know.... I'm not telling you to listen to it but just accept it for what it is.

No, Meshuggah is not post rock.
    nah, i know meshuggah is not post rock, just makin my point that there are people who can appreciate radically different types of genres

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)