Lichtsteiner praises offensive mentality (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005

During today’s encounter at Juventus Stadium, Lichtsteiner registered his fourth goal of the season. In the past he was only considered a defender but now he has become a dangerous winger whose hard work is paying off in front of goal.
The Swiss international spoke about his more advanced role on the pitch and his joy at netting the crucial opening goal on the way to securing three important points.
The 29-year-old commented: “Today I was lucky, because I scored a goal thanks to a rebound, but I’m also happy, because it allowed us to find the breakthrough. I am scoring more because we have an offensive mentality and our system enables me to play high up the pitch, close to goal and therefore gives me good opportunities.
“We handled the game well. In the first half, we created a lot of chances, without taking any risks. We had a few more problems after the restart, but we managed to close out the game.”
Lichtsteiner concluded by looking ahead to Friday’s match-up in Naples and dismissed claims that a victory would wrap up the title.
“If we were to win against Napoli, it would make it really tough for them, but it still wouldn’t be decisive in terms of the race for the Scudetto. There will still be 11 games left and with so many remaining, it will be far from over.”

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Licht is pretty offensive alright.

He was particularly awesome in the CL against Celtic when he told Gary Hooper to "Licht my love pump". :heart:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)