Buffon reflects on Siena success (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005

Gianluigi Buffon believes the Bianconeri’s “intelligent” approach was the key to this afternoon’s 3-0 victory over relegation strugglers Siena.
Despite enjoying a relatively quiet afternoon between the posts as Juventus put Giuseppe Iachini’s side to the sword with three strikes, Buffon’s services were required to keep the visitors at bay with two excellent saves in the closing stages.
And the Juventus captain insists his burning desire to keep thrilling supporters with his heroics represents the secret behind his long and successful career.
The 35-year-old said: “I work with passion and the desire to show that I’m still an important goalkeeper, and when I say this I don’t mean being the fifth or sixth best in the world. I’ve still got the will to amaze and this enables me to focus and face training and games in the right way.”
Looking ahead to next weekend’s showdown with Napoli, Buffon is adamant the Bianconeri should resist any temptation to abandon their standard game plan in the cauldron of the San Paolo.
“We played a good game today, against a side in good form. We knew they would cause us difficulties and that’s how it went, but we tackled them in an intelligent manner. We need to face the Napoli encounter with our standard approach, without straying from our usual game.”

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)