Matri: All eyes on Siena (2 Viewers)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005

Alessandro Matri insists the Bianconeri are ignoring the media attention surrounding next weekend’s top-of-the-table clash with Napoli and continue to focus exclusively on this Sunday’s visit of Siena to Juventus Stadium.
Giuseppe Iachini’s men have defied their lowly league standing in recent weeks and travel to Turin buoyed by a good run of form which has seen them claim notable scalps in the form of Inter and Lazio.
And Matri believes Juve will have to be at the top of their game when they host the resurgent Tuscan outfit in Turin.
Speaking to Sky and Mediaset, the 28-year-old began: “We’re just thinking about the game against Siena which is currently the most important as far as we’re concerned.
“We know that it represents a complicated fixture, they’re in good shape both mentally and physically, they’ll come here to sit back before looking to break on the counter.”
Juventus will regard Sunday’s sell-out encounter as the ideal opportunity to get their title challenge back on course following last weekend’s disappointing reverse at the hands of Roma.
And Matri indicated the team are determined to produce a positive response by righting the wrongs of their below par showing at the Stadio Olimpico.
“We’ve all sat down and analysed our performance together. Not much went right for us, the game started badly and finished even worse.
“We’ve understood the errors we committed and now we’ll set off again with the same desire to win that we’ve always possessed.
“We can’t think about Napoli at present, even if I don’t believe the game at the San Paolo will be decisive as far as the destiny of the title is concerned.”
An impressive return of three goals from his last four starts means the former Cagliari frontman is the Bianconeri’s most in-form striker.
“I’m currently in better shape than I was a few months ago, but I’ve always worked hard to improve. On the pitch, however, sometimes things go well and other times less so. It’s pleasing to know that certain people are now starting to believe in me again.
“I’ve never thought about leaving Juve, the club has always been right behind me and that’s the only thing that I’ve ever been interested in,” he concluded.

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)