Peluso stars in academy development scheme (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Federico Peluso opened the fifth season of ‘Formazione Juventus’ by discussing his career to date with Bianconeri academy youngsters at the club’s training complex in Vinovo.
The project, designed to educate rising stars on the dedication and professionalism required to make it to the very top, has proved a roaring success since its inception in 2008.
And the defender, who joined Juventus from Atalanta in early January, was more than happy to pass on some tricks of the trade to the club’s Pulcini 2003 squad.
Reflecting on his formative years, Peluso began: “I played anywhere, all I needed was a ball and I couldn’t hold myself back. I joined a soccer school at the age of five, then I was signed by Lazio where I progressed through the entire youth system.
“I still remember when they gave me the bag: it was like a dream come true, also because I came from a family of staunch Lazio fans.”
The 29-year-old, one of the star men in the Bianconeri’s recent 3-0 triumph over Celtic, then moved on to outline the importance of sacrifice and a solid education in forging a career as a professional footballer.
“I’ve always played in defence, even though I had other characteristics as a child. I was a late developer, from 14 years old onwards. Before I was one of the smallest.
“I’ve had to make many sacrifices to get to where I am, there’s no doubt about that, but the satisfaction provided by this career has been more than worth it.
“I wasn’t top of the class, but I always worked hard. My family believed I should do so and becoming a professional footballer certainly isn’t something that should be taken for granted.
“Education is at the base of everything and Juventus have a great deal of belief in this aspect. This course proves just that and I believe it should also be taken as an example by other clubs.”

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)