Pepe strives for return to action (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005

Simone Pepe has been sidelined for the vast majority of the season and has managed just two appearances to date due to a muscular problem in his left thigh.
Pepe’s injury flared up during a pre-season appearance in the ‘TIM trophy’, then after a lot of hard work, he returned to action as a substitute in the goalless draw against Lazio in November. However, those 20 minutes remain his only taste of football in this campaign.
The 29-year-old spoke about the decision to undergo an operation and about those who have been supportive during this frustrating period in his career:
“I have had four relapses in the same area of my body and so after careful consideration, we have decided that I will undergo a little operation in order to get back playing as soon as possible.
“I thank my team mates, my family and the club who have supported me and allowed me to keep a smile of my face, even though it’s not always been easy. Now there will be an operation and after that, we can begin to discuss a recovery period.”
The midfielder went on to express his joy at the team’s current performances and he hopes for further positive achievements this season:
“At Celtic Park, they played a great game in a red-hot atmosphere. I feel like part of the group and I am very happy with the results that we are achieving.
“The Champions League? It doesn’t do any harm to dream about it. We’ve shown that we’re a great team and we have to continue to show it, be that in the league or in Europe.”
Sporting Director, Giuseppe Marotta, also offered his support to Pepe and hopes the midfielder will be able to make a return to the pitch soon:
“We want to show our support to a guy and a professional that has given a lot to Juventus. We will be at Simone’s side for the course of this journey that awaits him in the coming weeks.
“Unfortunately, we haven’t been able to use him at all this season and his absence has been felt. We hope that his ordeal is coming to an end, at least from a medical point of view. We are confident and we wish Simone a swift recovery.”

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)