Academy sides toast winning start to 2013 (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005

Two Bianconeri academy sides have got 2013 off to a flying start by claiming tournament successes at the weekend.
Claudio Gabetta’s Giovanissimi Nazionali and Corrado Grabbi’s Esordienti 2000 teams emerged victorious from their respective youth competitions.
The Giovanissimi, competing in the 32[SUP]nd[/SUP] edition of the ‘Pier Giorgio Tappari’ tournament based in Turin, lifted the trophy for the seventh time in the club’s history, eight years on from their last triumph.
Having progressed through the group stages courtesy of wins over Ivrea (1-0), Asti (6-0) and Padova (2-1), Gabetta’s youngsters overcame Pro Vercelli on penalties before seeing off Atalanta by a single goal to set up a final showdown with Torino, with spot kicks required to eventually put the Granata to the sword.
Gabetta spoke of his delight shortly after the final whistle: “I’m very satisfied about this success, above all for the fact that I’ve had positive responses from everyone. We faced the competition without certain important players, but also with the plan of giving everyone the chance to show what they could do. I also had to field several lads who have had less opportunities to play in the final, but they were all up to the task. It was a group victory, and that makes it even sweeter.”
Over in Pinerolo, Esordienti 2000 coach Corrado Grabbi toasted his side’s ‘Torneo Città di Pinerolo’ victory. After cruising past the host outfit, Bassano and Siena with high-scoring performances, the Bianconeri young guns edged out Empoli in a tightly-contested final.
Reflecting on the success, Grabbi said: “The victory has confirmed the ability of this group of players who, even against the best European sides, have shown themselves to be capable of giving as good as they get. I’m very happy about the lads’ development, they all show the right spirit and always want to improve.”

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)