Buffon analyses Juve display (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005

Gigi Buffon refused to hide after his error contributed to Sampdoria’s equaliser in this afternoon’s 2-1 defeat at Juventus Stadium.
The 34-year-old goalkeeper expressed his disappointment at the final whistle, but pledged to move on from the setback.
On the two visitors’ strikes, Buffon said: “I’m sorry because my error compromised three points which seemed almost certain. I was still moving my feet back when Icardi got his shot away, leaving me off balance. I don’t usually commit such errors, but this time I was too far forward.
“The second goal was different because I would have had to pull off a truly special save to keep it out. Having said that, I wouldn’t have been surprised if I’d had managed to do so.”
The shot-stopper believes the Bianconeri lacked their usual focus following the interval.
He continued: “In the dressing room we vowed to put the game to bed by taking to the field with the right attitude, because we couldn’t let the match go by and run the risk of not winning.
“Instead we lost our focus, committed some mistakes and allowed them to counter attack us. Immediately after the first goal I looked at the clock and saw there was plenty of time remaining, so I thought we’d perhaps be able to win it regardless.”

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)