Luís Carlos Novo Neto - CB - Siena (1 Viewer)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003

Full name Luís Carlos Novo Neto
Date of birth 26 May 1988 (age 24)
Place of birth Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal
Height 1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)
Weight 71 kg
Playing position Defender​

Luís Carlos Novo Neto (born 26 May 1988 in Póvoa de Varzim) is a Portuguese footballer who plays for A.C. Siena in Serie A, as a defender.

Club career

Neto joined hometown's Varzim SC's youth ranks at the age of ten. With the club he played exclusively in the second division, being a backup or third-choice in four of his five seasons; his official debut came on 10 February 2007 in a 2–1 home win against S.L. Benfica for the campaign's Portuguese Cup (two minutes played).

In July 2011, Neto signed with top level outfit C.D. Nacional on a free transfer. He immediately made an impact for his new team, attracting interest from the likes of F.C. Porto and Arsenal during the following off-season; however, Italian side A.C. Siena eventually won the bid to sign the player, for €1.7 million.
International career

Neto appeared with the Portuguese under-21 team at the 2009 Lusophony Games. He played all four matches during the tournament as the side collected the silver medal.

On 4 October 2012 Neto was called-up for the first time to the full team, for 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers against Russia and Northern Ireland.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
:tuttosport:

I want him badly, I read that Siena ask around 8M for him which is around the same as Atalanta want for Peluso. Neto would be the wiser move imo.

You think it'll happen Mark?

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
We already have 2 players that look like jesus (i.e Pirlo and Caceres*sometimes*) Do we really need a third?

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Why do you want him badly? He is nothing more than an ok player :p
I beg to differ, I would say he started brilliantly with Siena this season, faded away a bit in the last few weeks though. He's calm and his positioning and anticipating are good, I think he's quite young too.

With Chiellini out for 3 months I would like us to sign a new CB, and Neto is a good option.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Lets not forget Napoli are interested in him too..I hope there's no bidding war.lol ..You know what would Marotta do if thats the case.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
He is apparently close to Napoli..4.5-5m euros + one of Bruno Uvini/Federico Fernandez is what is talked about according to Calciomercato.com.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Good deal on Napoli's behalf.

We'll go for Andreolli I guess, only has 6 months left on his contract. Shouldnt be too pricey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)