Red Hot Chili Peppers (1 Viewer)

OP
adRHCP

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
  • Thread Starter #6
    They do.

If you're interested on John's music solitary he just released an EP and a LP. It's NOTHING like what he used to do on the Chili Peppers, or even on his old solitary records.

Letur-Lefr.

PBX Funicular Intaglio Zone

i Havn't heard an album since By The Way. They still got it? Californiacation was one of my favorites.
    Well. I don't really know what do you mean with if they still got it. I'd say that live they're one of the best bands in the world, su much energy coming through.

This is a 2007 concert on Chorzow, Poland.

They don't have the same sound 'cause of Frusciante departure. But Flea still got it, Chad still got it, Anthony still got it, and Josh... well, Josh's is developing a lot, and he gives the band a very different sound, which is good.

OP
    adRHCP

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
  • Thread Starter #8
    Nah, no John Frusciante.

- - - Updated - - -

:mark:

Never heard a rock song so intense without distorted guitars.
    I don't know how much of a Chili Pepper fan you are, so sorry if you're offended.

Have you ever heard this song called Sikamikanico? It's from the BSSM era. and it's also very intense and powerful :D

Yeah I've got those EPs, they're actually pretty cool.
    Nice :D I just got Letur-Lefr. PBX will come around December :hellyes:
    But I still want them on vinyl :(

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    I don't know how much of a Chili Pepper fan you are, so sorry if you're offended.

Have you ever heard this song called Sikamikanico? It's from the BSSM era. and it's also very intense and powerful :D

Nice :D I just got Letur-Lefr. PBX will come around December :hellyes:
    But I still want them on vinyl :(
    Why would I be offended? :p I've been a fan since 99-00 when I was about 5 ;)

Nah, I haven't heard that one. Sounds good though.

I haven't got any RHCP on vinyl unfortunately, and I really want Californication and probably BSSM because of the way Rick Rubin mixes the albums. So many of the albums are so badly compressed and loud on the CD (for loudness wars on radio). But on vinyl the maximum volume is halved (I think) from a CD so the vinyl mixes are a lot more dynamic.

OP
    adRHCP

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
  • Thread Starter #10
    Why would I be offended? :p I've been a fan since 99-00 when I was about 5 ;)

Nah, I haven't heard that one. Sounds good though.

I haven't got any RHCP on vinyl unfortunately, and I really want Californication and probably BSSM because of the way Rick Rubin mixes the albums. So many of the albums are so badly compressed and loud on the CD (for loudness wars on radio). But on vinyl the maximum volume is halved (I think) from a CD so the vinyl mixes are a lot more dynamic.
    I don't know. Some people get mad and take it as an insult if you ask them if they have heard a song. Like an wound to their fan-ego. Nice to know you're not like that :)

They're quite hard to get, but since I live on a country that's neighbor of the EEUU I've buyed some onlyne, and other stuffs are shipped by my family that's lives on there :D. I have some of them on vinyl, The Uplift Mofo Party Plan, Mother's Milk, and Blood Sugar Sex Magik. I also got an single on vinyl, it's Give it Away. I want Californication and Stadium Arcadium on vinyl, but Stadium is way to expensive, and I haven't found a Californication offer on a apropiate time.

Blood Sugar is really good due to the recording methods. I'm not sure if Rick really gots into the mix of the album, I knew that he just produced. Brendan O'Brien was on charge of that as far as I know.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    Most of the time :D

http://www.juno.co.uk I get a lot of my records from this place. I don't know how much vinyls cost over there but often here getting a record from there (with shipping) is most of the time cheaper than getting it a from shop here. They usually get a lot of re-stocks so just because it's out of stock doesn't mean they won't have it again. Just sign up and click 'email me when back in stock'. It's a pretty good feature. Also, their customer service is amazing, I've never dealt with better customer service and I couldn't recommend them enough. Once they messed up my order for a record like 3 times and after the third time they gave me a 100% of discount, so I got like $100 worth of records for free pretty much :p And once, one of my orders took 3 months to come (so I got it in the end) but by the end of the 1st month of waiting they just gave me a full store credit for the original purchase.

Yeah I didn't mean BSSM was recorded bad, just Californication and after :D

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    I used to love RHCP, still can't help but sing along when I hear one of the songs which I used to listen to regularly...been a while since i've heard any new stuff

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
    One of the few bands I actively can't stand, don't know why. But then, again, I didn't much care for the 90s.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    One of the few bands I actively can't stand, don't know why. But then, again, I didn't much care for the 90s.
    :surprised:

For me the 90's are rivaled only by the 70's in terms of quality. The whole grunge scene bar Nirvana is faptastic :D.

But yeah, RHCP have made one really good album (Blood Sugar Sex Magik) and one decent (Californication). Everything else is just more of the same, they've become actively untolerable on their past two efforts though :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)