The Also-Rans (Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Symbian etc. etc.) (1 Viewer)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
We have threads for it's rivals. Now that there are two seemingly good devices using the Windows Phone 8 OS, I think it should have it's own thread. For starters, here's Nokia Lumia 920 and HTC Windows Phone 8X

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
icemaη

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
  • Thread Starter #3
    Specs wise, I think the Nokia Lumia 920 is a winner. But the OS won't be ready until the end of next month.

OP
    icemaη

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
  • Thread Starter #5
    My understanding is, due to how Windows Phone OS is setup, high end models of the phone run only on the S4 chip by Qualcomm as of now. So all the four new Windows dual-core phones use the same internals. What differs is the screen, the camera and probably some hardware features such as noise cancelling microphones. Right now, Nokia has the bigger screen in about the same size as the HTC phone. 4.5 inches to 4.3 inch screen. It will definitely have the better camera without a doubt. Also, it has Nokia Maps which is pretty cool. Mostly HTC will have the same as a rebranded Bing Maps, but that's not sure.
    Look wise I'll prefer the matt finish of the HTC to the glossy one of Nokia. Both are polycarbonate unibody, so durability is about the same I guess. The only thing remaining is the price. Also the HTC one will be available in November, no dates have been mentioned about the Nokia yet.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    I don't like those buttons at the bottom anymore. They should be extinct in new phones by now.

OP
    icemaη

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
  • Thread Starter #20
    You should have a chain attached to your phone with the other end attached to your pants like hipsters do :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)