US Diplomats killed in Benghazi over amateur's film (1 Viewer)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I don't know if you guys heard but the American Ambassador and one of his staff were killed today in the American Consulate in Benghazi, an armed mob attacked and set the Consulate building on fire, in protest over an offensive low budget movie made in the US which was offensive to the Prophet Muhammad(PBUH).

Sad sad day, in a country that still has not recovered from the effects of displacing an entire regime. The interim government has been weak in front of armed militias, who still refuse to give up their weapons, it really is a wake up call. The country has to stand together, and clamp down on these lawless militia's that threatent to ruin our revolution.

I in no way condone the film that was made, as it is offensive to a billion muslims all over the world, but targetting an American diplomat in your own soil, is both wrong, cowardly and does not solve anything.

It is also our responsibility as a country to protect all foreign diplomats, failure to do so, is completely our responsibility. Everybody here knows i am not fond of the American government, but in this case i have full sympathy for them, and hope the culprits are caught and extradited, for all i care they could be thrown into Guantanamo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
some sickening images of them carrying and dragging his dead body.

wonder what the US is going to do about it, can't exactly attack Libya.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I don't know if you guys heard but the American Ambassador and one of his staff were killed today in the American Consulate in Benghazi, an armed mob attacked and set the Consulate building on fire, in protest over an offensive low budget movie made in the US which was offensive to the Prophet Muhammad(PBUH).

Sad sad day, in a country that still has not recovered from the effects of displacing an entire regime. The interim government has been weak in front of armed militias, who still refuse to give up their weapons, it really is a wake up call. The country has to stand together, and clamp down on these lawless militia's that threatent to ruin our revolution.

I in no way condone the film that was made, as it is offensive to a billion muslims all over the world, but targetting an American diplomat in your own soil, is both wrong, cowardly and does not solve anything.

It is also our responsibility as a country to protect all foreign diplomats, failure to do so, is completely our responsibility. Everybody here knows i am not fond of the American government, but in this case i have full sympathy for them, and hope the culprits are caught and extradited, for all i care they could be thrown into Guantanamo.
The film hasn't been released because it can't get distribution. Apparently, it's directed by and Israeli living in California and produced by the idiot preacher that wanted to have "Burn a Koran Day". It probably is offensive to non-muslims as well as muslims. That's no excuse to go kill someone. These guys are idiots. Not only did they decide to do this on 911, but they did it in an election year. They might as well send an email saying "Hey Mister President, would you send over one of those dones and kill a bunch of our civilians. Thanks. Your pals: Dumb Ass Lybians".:lol:

some sickening images of them carrying and dragging his dead body.

wonder what the US is going to do about it, can't exactly attack Libya.
Sure we can. Romney is already putting pressure on the White House. Drone attacks in the coming weeks won't surprise me.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
What is there to condone about someone making a movie?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
A movie that is only aim is to provoke millions of people :howler:
So what? People make anti-Catholic or ant-Christian movies all the time.

---------- Post added 12.09.2012 at 11:01 ----------

And if you're going to kill someone over some shit film that makes you mad, at least do it right.

OP
Fred

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    Lets not have a discussion about whether or not the movie is right or not, guys, we've had that discussion many times, this is neither the time nor the thread for it.

Another huge concern is, the US using this as another excuse to attack an oil rich country.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Lets not have a discussion about whether or not the movie is right or not, guys, we've had that discussion many times, this is neither the time nor the thread for it.

Another huge concern is, the US using this as another excuse to attack an oil rich country.
    Which is ironic because the guy who got killed was hugely pro-Lybian. You should read some of the stuff he wrote about you guys.

OP
    Fred

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    I know he was, he really was a good guy, he was quite well liked there, you always see pictures of him having traditional Libyan dishes with people, and generally getting along very well.

It is a sad sad day, when we cannot even guarantee the safety of foreign diplomats in our land, it just shows that we've taken a step forward with overthrowing Gedaffi, but then we took 2 steps back by losing control over the country. Everybody is armed in Libya as a result of the revolution, and these things unfortunately will keep happening for a while.

There is a huge uproar in the Libyan streets against the extremists involved in today's incident, i really do hope the culprits are caught and brought to justice.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    I know he was, he really was a good guy, he was quite well liked there, you always see pictures of him having traditional Libyan dishes with people, and generally getting along very well.

It is a sad sad day, when we cannot even guarantee the safety of foreign diplomats in our land, it just shows that we've taken a step forward with overthrowing Gedaffi, but then we took 2 steps back by losing control over the country. Everybody is armed in Libya as a result of the revolution, and these things unfortunately will keep happening for a while.

There is a huge uproar in the Libyan streets against the extremists involved in today's incident, i really do hope the culprits are caught and brought to justice.
    And who is going to do that?

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    It's apparently really bad, terrible production value, etc.
    Hey, if I had killed someone every time I saw a really bad movie, I would have been the most succesful mass murderer in the history of mankind by now :D

A movie that is only aim is to provoke millions of people :howler:
    Countless movies have provoked countless numbers of people. Because of religion, history, sexuality, violence, etc. So what exactly is your point?

Regardless, feeling provoked or offended by a movie is fairly retarded anyway. If it bothers you that much, you can always just, you know, not watch it.

Euhm, seems to me that the movie is the entire reason this thing happened (that's how I read it anyway). That makes it part of whatever discussion you're going to have, whether you like it or not.

Besides, who said something about the movie being right or not?

But yeah, there will probably be repercussions. And, not entirely unimportant, a major part of the American population (possibly even Western population in general) will approve of them. Freedom of speech, religious fundamentalism linked with violence, etc. Easy enough to (ab)use all this...

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    But yeah, there will probably be repercussions. And, not entirely unimportant, a major part of the American population (possibly even Western population in general) will approve of them. Freedom of speech, religious fundamentalism linked with violence, etc. Easy enough to (ab)use all this...
    The Newt and Romney are already fired up. Shouting nonsense from their soap boxes.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    It's the perfect moment ever for Gaddaffi loyalists to strike a US embassy and prove what their leader used to tell media repeatedly... that the country after revolution will be controlled by Islamists and Al-Qaeda. Just saying. Logically, they're the only ones gaining from all of this.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
    Countless movies have provoked countless numbers of people. Because of religion, history, sexuality, violence, etc. So what exactly is your point?

Regardless, feeling provoked or offended by a movie is fairly retarded anyway. If it bothers you that much, you can always just, you know, not watch it....
    I'm not going to watch it anyway. And we feel offended because the sole reason behind this movie is to provoke muslims around the world, they know it's prohibited to " picture " our prophet and they still do it. No matter how you feel about it, it's suicidal and reactions like the one in Lybia is understandable from " our point of view " that a red line.

And what freedom of speech, any person who talks about " the holocaust " is antisemique, Comedien in france is prohibited form performing because he made a sketch about the Holocaust.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    I'm not going to watch it anyway. And we feel offended because the sole reason behind this movie is to provoke muslims around the world, they know it's prohibited to " picture " our prophet and they still do it. No matter how you feel about it, it's suicidal and reactions like the one in Lybia is understandable from " our point of view " that a red line.

And what freedom of speech, any person who talks about " the holocaust " is antisemique, Comedien in france is prohibited form performing because he made a sketch about the Holocaust.
    So you agree with the Embassy being attacked? :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)