Whats wrong with this picture (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Italian teams of late have baffled me with their transfer policies of late. They have shelled out more cash than any other league, but still disappoint in Europe and I have looked at the contenders this season and wondered about said transfer policy

Juventus

Notable players in defence Ferrara, Fresi, Montero,Tudor, Thuram, Montero, Iuliano, Pessoto and Zenoni

Now these are very good defenders but on a closer look, there is no suitable options for the left back position, which means that without the injured Pessoto, its either we play Iuliano or Montero, who are central defenders or Moretti/Birindelli, one is inexperienced and the other is average at best, which means against a decent rigth winger, we are susceptible, strenghtening that position might have been a good idea but we have one central defender too many

Midfield

Davids, Tacchinardi, Nedved, Brighi, Zambrotta, Zenoni, Camoneresi , Conte and Baiocco

Not a lot of creativity, pace and apart from Davids aggression, we could have done with an experienced battler and a creative player

Strikers

Dp, Trez, Salas and Zala

Are 4 strikers enough and of the 4, only Dp and Trez have proved they are goal getters and Salas is coming back from injury
Again none of them can be regarded as quick

Inter

They have just bought Canavaro and Adani to add to the amount of defenders they have already which are Coco, Materrazzi, Cordoba, Zanetti etc
Which means if Coco gets injured, they have no left back
Is this wise?

Midfield Dibiagio, Zanetti, Dalmat, Morfeo, Guly, Conceicao, Emre, Okan, etc

This actually looks good but how many games will Morfeo actually play but i will come back to this midfield later

Strikers Vieri, Kallon Ronaldo, Ventola, Recoba, Corraddi

No matter how great the rest are playing as long as Vieri can step on the field, he will play, and what happens when Recoba and Ronaldo are also fit, it means one of the midfielders will be dropped to accommodate Recoba, Ronaldo and Vieri which makes them lopsided because Recoba will now play as a winger instead of behind the 2 strikers, why because Cuper is naturally defensive

It just makes you wonder how all these attacking talents are placed with a defensive manager

Milan

Attack
sheva, Bordillo, Inzaghi, tomasson,Rui Costa, Rivaldo, Serginho, Pirlo, Seedorf

How many playmakers does one team need? How does a defensive manager play with such an array of players?

Where is the right sided midfielder in this team?
Midfield
Ambrossini, Gatusso, Brocchi, Ba, Redondo(apparently)
Defence
Lausen, Junior, Contra, Kaladze, Maldini, Helveg

Will these players scare any potent attack? Any decent cross may result into a goal

I have to scratch my head in wonder, how a team with such average defenders go out to get Rivaldo, Seedorf, Tomasson then let go of Coco, when you have Pirlo, Rui Costa and Serginho already. Also getting rid of Albertini still needs some head -scratching by me

Roma

For some reason for me have not bought really decent central defenders to befit their team as I am not very sure of Sator and why they have Zebina in their team always has me in stitches
Apart from that Roma seem to be the most solid even if i feel they should buy another striker as Bati cannot go on forever, Delvecchio will not score that many, Totti doesn't score 15 goals a season and I don't think Cassano scores enough either

This is probably the biggest prob of Italian footie imo spending millions on whats not needed and doing nothing about obvious flaws

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
denco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    You have Lazio with an untested manager and they have financial probs, you would have thought they will be the last club who will want to take such risks

Udinese hiring Spinesi, who keeps on relegating teams that he is in charge of

Parma hiring Prandelli who did not do a good job with Venezia, not sure why they think he will do a better job with a higher profile club

Lots of head scratching by me

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    I think you are misunderstanding my point, I am not singing the praises of the clubs, I am telling whats wrong with these clubs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)