How would you feel about extremely rich owners in Juventus? (1 Viewer)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Ok, so I guess this discussion is kinda controversial, but it fascinates me a bit. Now all we ever do, talk and wish for is to see all of these great and expensive signings arriving in Juventus. Now how would you feel if Agnelli family got a nice offer from a filthy rich arab/russian etc and we got bought up by owners similar to City or PSG? How would you feel if we had unlimited access to money and over night became the IT team to be in?

Would you like it? Would you like seeing a Dream Team version of Juventus that just cost over 300 million to assemble? And all the greedy players who are only here because of the money? Would it excite you in the same way that it would have done if we didn't have unlimited access to money? Or is it way too much of a taboo to go down that path? But at the same time, isn't it what we want? To see those expensive players like Jovetic, Götze, Cavani, Higuain, Suarez, Neymar etc play for our team?

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Because the Agnellis are dirt poor gypsies?

No thanks. As the joke went for Man City's Premiership title: the fans haven't been this happy since they were Chelsea fans. We don't need to add Juve to that mix.

Donsazio

Feb 26, 2006
It's an interesting topic indeed to discuss. From my point of view, and in all honesty, I do sometimes feel envious of City, and now PSG. HOWEVER, and it's a big however, I feel we don't need no stinking Arab or Russian money. Its far more satisfying winning an important trophy the way we did last season, than say City winning the title because they heavily invested last summer.

If we were a team with no real reputation or pedigree in Europe, than I would be all up for some Arab to come along and buy us and heavily invest in us. But we are Juventus.

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
Mar 29, 2009
The Agnellis are one of the richest industrialists in Europe. I suppose if they really wanted to, then a massive spending spree would'nt be out of their reach. I am loathe to admit that I am sometimes jealous of the way City/PSG can get the players they want on a whim. I remember how I wanted to stab the nearest Mancity supporter w/ in reach when we lost Dzeko/Kun to the cunts. However tempting it might be, I'd never want the Juve to "buy" success using that model. I'd rather be austere in our spending and earn success the hardway by blooding our youngsters and signing players who revere/play for the colours.This club has too much prestige, pedigree and class to whore itself out for petro dollars/ill gotten wealth.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Say what?!?! Juve is one of the greatest clubs in the world! What is Man City, Malaga, Chelsea and PSG? Their just oil-rich clubs that don't value the talent of their players nor their money. Even when we were in shit since 2006-11, there was this sense of pride and honor about our club, something you'll never see in clubs like P$G. They can ONLY dream of having icons\legends\gods like Del Piero\Gigi\Trez\Pavel\etc!

OP
Suns

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
  • Thread Starter #15
    Because the Agnellis are dirt poor gypsies?

No thanks. As the joke went for Man City's Premiership title: the fans haven't been this happy since they were Chelsea fans. We don't need to add Juve to that mix.
    I was going to say, don't they already have wealthy owners?
    Of course they are rich, thats not what I'm saying. I'm talking about style of running the club. Those PSG type of owners are willing to create a dream team over night and don't care about money to do so. Agnelli's run a business.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Of course they are rich, thats not what I'm saying. I'm talking about style of running the club. Those PSG type of owners are willing to create a dream team over night and don't care about money to do so. Agnelli's run a business.
    So the question is really, would you rather have long term success or ten years of spunking billions on the world's best players?

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
    Agnelli will be able to continue for a very long time, will the Sheik be able to do the same? Only a matter of time until they can't keep up.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Agnelli will be able to continue for a very long time, will the Sheik be able to do the same? Only a matter of time until they can't keep up.
    Probably more like "I've won everything and now someone else can spend their own billions".

May 22, 2007
    Juventus has traditionally been owned and managed by the Agnelli family and it should continue that way. It would be embarrassing to have this club become the toy of a bored oil billionaire, and it would be even worse when they inevitably look to run away.

---------- Post added 18.07.2012 at 18:01 ----------

I also like the way the club is managed, building on the talented domestic players and being a big influence in the majority of the national team's success. I like watching Italy and seeing all my club players there as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)