Wellington Nem - Second Striker - Fluminense Football Club (4 Viewers)

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Full Name: Wellington Silva Sanches Aguiar
Date of birth: 06.02.1992
Place of birth: Rio de Janeiro
Height: 1,65
Nationality: Brazil
Position: Attacking Midfield / Winger / Second Striker
Foot: Left
Current club: Fluminense Football Club
Contract until: 31.12.2015
Market Value (according to Transfermarkt): 2.500.000 €
Current national team: Brazil

skarmb19.png

wellington-nem-300x300.jpg

There is a new talent causing a stir in Brazilian football. All the talk may be of Neymar and Lucas Moura, and while the Santos striker’s world class form and potential are undeniable, Fluminense’s Wellington Nem has taken the nation by storm. His excellent displays have seen him playing regularly alongside experienced stars such as Deco and former Olympique Lyonnais striker Fred. The 20-year-old’s development has been meteoric and having been linked to the forward, Arsenal must be alert to the recent enquiries of Juventus or risk missing out on one of the brightest prospects in Brazilian football.

Wellington rose to prominence last year after an exceptional spell on loan with Figueirense. He contributed nine goals, two fewer than the side’s highest scorer Julio Cesar, and was elected the best newcomer to the Brazilian league in 2011. Operating in behind the striker our out in the wide areas his electric pace makes him a handful for any defender. He makes full use of it by burning past defenders, sowing disorganisation among the ranks and he has also developed the excellent knack of being in the right place at the right time to find the net.

Figueirense finished seventh in last season’s Brasileiro and his parent club Fluminense were therefore eager to harness his potential in their first team. Wellington has since continued to progress immensely and has carved himself a regular spot in a team that includes the likes of Deco, Rafael Sobis, Thiago Neves, Fred and young Argentine talent Manuel Lanzini.

The fact is that he offers something that these other players do not. His high work-rate and attacking injection frequently provide the spur for Fluminense to get in behind the opposing defence and stretch them. Even if that is not the case his presence can force a team to sit that little bit deeper, enabling Fred to pick the ball up in more dangerous areas closer to the goal.

As always the emergence of a new and exciting Brazilian player has garnered interest from across Europe. It was believed that an Arsenal scout was present at the Copa Libertadores clash between Fluminense and Boca Juniors in April of this year but there has been debate over who they are actually there to see.

They may well have been impressed as Wellington has not looked out of his depth in the continent’s premier club competition at just 20-years-old. The experience will hold him in good stead for a move to Europe, making him able to cope with the transition to regular high-pressure games unlike many other youngsters. His performances earned him a spot in the Brazilian national team’s recent friendly games where he made two appearances from the bench and he is widely expected to represent the Selecao in the upcoming Olympic games in London.

Reports in Brazil have suggested that Juventus have enquired Wellington, but no concrete offer has yet been made. While the Gunners will be pleased to still have time to weigh up a potential transfer, if they hesitate for too long they will face a stiff fight from the undefeated Italian champions. With Brazil tipped to pick up the gold medal at the Olympics he may force the hand of potential suitors with some decent performances.

Playing time limited due to the likes of Oscar, Neymar, Lucas and Ganso but if Hulk is not selected as one of the players over the age of 23 then it would raise his chances of earning some minutes on the right flank. His only potential downfall could be his delivery, as when stood up by an opposing defender he is not quite as adept as others at shifting the ball to whip in a decent cross. On the other hand this expectation will be eased by the attacking nature of Brazil’s full-backs.

With Andrey Arshavin heavily linked with an exit from the Emirates Stadium it leaves Arsenal short of quality across the forward line, particularly in wide areas. The signing of Lukas Podolski, while very astute, should not be seen as the solution. The German is a striker and was merely shifted to left in order to get in the talented national team. For Arsenal to consider Wellington he would need to up his defensive efforts, but at a such a young age he should be able to adapt to the needs of a new club.

He is a player with an extremely bright future and although he has little over a year of professional football under his belt he has proved himself unfazed by his rapid progression. A move to Europe in the near future is therefore highly likely. Wellington would represent a fantastic signing but if Arsenal want to capture him they will need to monitor the situation closely or risk losing out to the temptation of Juventus.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
TheLaz

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
  • Thread Starter #4
    Not impressed, already have Giovinco.
    His high work-rate and attacking injection frequently provide the spur for Fluminense to get in behind the opposing defence and stretch them. Even if that is not the case his presence can force a team to sit that little bit deeper(...)

Good RW/LW/SS backup player IMO. He suits the tactics so I wouldn't mind at all. He could be our Pato.. A Very bright prospect. Voted best newcomer to the Brazilian league in 2011.

14 apps 11 goals.. Pretty impressive for a 20 year old!!!

OP
    TheLaz

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
  • Thread Starter #6
    We have enough second strikers in Giovinco and Vucinic, what we need is a CF. Getting him would be a waste of resources and time.
    We've got tons of time. Of course he's way down in the list of priority but he is a fabulous talent.. There's still long till the window closes and we only need a CF and a LB and we're practically done. A young hot prospect might not be a bad idea at all and I could imagine this being one of the final-hours-tranfers.
    He is not the kind of talent you would loan out or let play for the primavera. At 20 years old he has established himself in the national team and that means he would be a first team rotation player/backup. He will demand very little wages and could be sold on if not needed.. Id rather have this guy on the bench then most of the alternatives!!

And as RW he'd have to sub with Isla and Pepe - not Vucinic or Giovinco..

I am John

The Anallist
    May 1, 2012
    His high work-rate and attacking injection frequently provide the spur for Fluminense to get in behind the opposing defence and stretch them. Even if that is not the case his presence can force a team to sit that little bit deeper(...)

Good RW/LW/SS backup player IMO. He suits the tactics so I wouldn't mind at all. He could be our Pato.. A Very bright prospect. Voted best newcomer to the Brazilian league in 2011.

14 apps 11 goals.. Pretty impressive for a 20 year old!!!
    Still not impressed. In real life we cant stack too much talents in a team, this is not football manager when you buy all the bright prospect players for the sake of having them.

Its different matter with players like Verratti, we will really need him since he can replace the aging Pirlo.

OP
    TheLaz

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
  • Thread Starter #12
    Still not impressed. In real life we cant stack too much talents in a team, this is not football manager when you buy all the bright prospect players for the sake of having them.

Its different matter with players like Verratti, we will really need him since he can replace the aging Pirlo.
    That's one way to look at it. According to your logic you only buy when players reach potential and a certain level. But that's fair enough. You're probably used to this kind of Juventus since I guess you joined them during the 00s? Back in the 90s Juventus had an established team and so Moggi and co signed great young players and took chances in order to develop them into top class profiles later on.. Back then Juventus looked visionary to players because they already had a solid core and buying new players for the lack of quality every year wasn't a necessity. This guy could go to Arsenal and reach potential and we'd happily sign him as primary target in 3-4 years time. That's how we're currently doing looking for other clubs' CFs... Had we signed a hot prospect like Pato a few years ago we could possibly have avoided this sort of desparate situation..

Shouldn't this be in the scouting section?
    No. Scouting section is for players to discuss with no actual relevance to Juventus. This guy appears to be linked with Juve and so i put it in this section. Reports in Brazil have suggested that Juventus have enquired Wellington, but no concrete offer has yet been made.
    But the heading could be changed to "winger" rather then "second striker"...

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Its not bad at owning contracts of promising players.
    Even if you never get to use, as they can become useful bargain chips or at any case a profitable investment.
    That if you know how to probably deliver in the buy and sell process.
    Unfortunatelly though, Marotta is completely clueless.
    We lose money at every deal we are making, as we overpay to buy and sell out or gift away when we sell/loan...

I am John

The Anallist
    May 1, 2012
    That's one way to look at it. According to your logic you only buy when players reach potential and a certain level. But that's fair enough. You're probably used to this kind of Juventus since I guess you joined them during the 00s? Back in the 90s Juventus had an established team and so Moggi and co signed great young players and took chances in order to develop them into top class profiles later on.. Back then Juventus looked visionary to players because they already had a solid core and buying new players for the lack of quality every year wasn't a necessity. This guy could go to Arsenal and reach potential and we'd happily sign him as primary target in 3-4 years time. That's how we're currently doing looking for other clubs' CFs... Had we signed a hot prospect like Pato a few years ago we could possibly have avoided this sort of desparate situation..
    Don't tell me history boy, and oh, your guess is wrong btw.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
    I have already talked about this guy. I'm Brazilian and I support Fluminense. I've followed this kid since he was 16 in the sub-17 National Team.

Trequartista said he didn´t impress against Boca. Well, he played only the first game of the group stage, not the quarter finals (was injured). And actually he was very important in that game. From 0:34 on - he sets up the winning goal advancing by the left.

He is gaining some attention in Brazil pretty quickly, has good chances of going to the Olympics.

He is similar to Giovinco, but he's left footed. Diminutive player, plays as a very offensive RW or LW in a 433. Suits perfectly in this scheme. Very, very quick, good dribbling, good flair, great moving off the ball, helps marking the opposite full back. He's a hardworking guy.

The biggest difference to Giovinco is that Gio can shoot the ball with both feet, while Wellington can't do anything with his right. I'd say that's hes biggest down. Also, has problems finishing the plays - he gets nervous or something. Is not a great shooter.

Fluminense has a lot of famous players, and Wellington quickly beat competition and became one of the 2 or 3 most important player. His dynamic moving off the ball just generate so many chances for a team which has a good midfield. Actually he would fit very very well in Juve's 433.

This guy definitely won't be world class. But he can be a very improved Pepe, with more flair and dribbling. He has to be bought not to immediately solve the problem, but to be developed.

Also, Fluminense is known for selling cheap. He should be bought for something between 5/7M. An offer like this right now would probably be accepted. But his value is increasing, so better be quick.

Summing it up, if there's money available, after other priority positions are filled (good striker, LW, CB), he would be a worthy gamble.

OP
    TheLaz

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
  • Thread Starter #16
    I have already talked about this guy. I'm Brazilian and I support Fluminense. I've followed this kid since he was 16 in the sub-17 National Team.

Trequartista said he didn´t impress against Boca. Well, he played only the first game of the group stage, not the quarter finals (was injured). And actually he was very important in that game. From 0:34 on - he sets up the winning goal advancing by the left.

He is gaining some attention in Brazil pretty quickly, has good chances of going to the Olympics.

He is similar to Giovinco, but he's left footed. Diminutive player, plays as a very offensive RW or LW in a 433. Suits perfectly in this scheme. Very, very quick, good dribbling, good flair, great moving off the ball, helps marking the opposite full back. He's a hardworking guy.

The biggest difference to Giovinco is that Gio can shoot the ball with both feet, while Wellington can't do anything with his right. I'd say that's hes biggest down. Also, has problems finishing the plays - he gets nervous or something. Is not a great shooter.

Fluminense has a lot of famous players, and Wellington quickly beat competition and became one of the 2 or 3 most important player. His dynamic moving off the ball just generate so many chances for a team which has a good midfield. Actually he would fit very very well in Juve's 433.

This guy definitely won't be world class. But he can be a very improved Pepe, with more flair and dribbling. He has to be bought not to immediately solve the problem, but to be developed.

Also, Fluminense is known for selling cheap. He should be bought for something between 5/7M. An offer like this right now would probably be accepted. But his value is increasing, so better be quick.

Summing it up, if there's money available, after other priority positions are filled (good striker, LW, CB), he would be a worthy gamble.
    World class post, mate. +1 rep!!

Like you said his biggest difference to Giovinco might be his workrate? He's a fighter..! being able to play both as LW and RW I value him a perfect addition. With Giovinco or Vucinic as SS, a new CF and Isla, Pepe or Wellington as RW I say we have a very good attack as well.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
    This guy is not coming to Juventus.

There's no point in even talking about it.

Doesn't matter anyways, we got Giovinccoooo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)