The saddest day ever - Juventuz News - Juventuz Forums
    Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion FLTron 2.0 Champion Drifting Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1546 Post(s)

The saddest day ever

It was a crazy night which swept away a joyful event to celebrate football and claimed 39 innocent victims. This tragedy occurred 27 years ago, exactly on 29 May 1985, but those sad, disastrous events in Brussels are still alive in our hearts.
    The Heysel Stadium hosted Juventus and Liverpool for the European Champion Clubs’ Cup final. However, before the kick off, the English hooligans caused an absurdly violent uproar against the Italian supporters. The facility suffered from serious structural problems and the Sector Z collapsed while the Bianconeri fans were looking for an escape route: 39 people died and 600 were injured. The game was played despite the disaster in order to prevent further violence. However, that victory – the first European Champion Clubs’ Cup for Juventus – didn’t give any satisfaction.
    Since then, every year on 29 May we’ve been living this commemoration day with deep grief and sorrow. Juventus have honoured the memory of all Heysel’s victims by dedicating a star to each person in their new stadium, consecrating a special area of the newly opened J-Museum, and allowing their relatives to freely access it. Little actions in order to commemorate those 39 Juventus fans, thus keeping the memory alive for ever. Because such tragedies shouldn’t happen again.

Source: Juventus.com

Beppe Marotta Is My God Bianconero_Aus's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1178 Post(s)
    30 years ago today

RIP to the 39 Juventus fans who went to watch a game of football, and never came home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    If i see him now, i will kiss his left cheek for Pjanic, his right cheek for Benatia and prolly a french kiss for Higuain!

Cash
    Mentioned
    1254 Post(s)
    Win the Champions league again, and dedicate it to them.
    Asif mon bebe..
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Martin View Post
    For 3 years I have wondered why my friends kept calling Allegri for Augustus. I couldn't sleep at nights thinking about it. I've been sitting at my desk for hours every week trying to figure it out, coming up with calculations and formulas that weren't correct. Then it hit me, the answer was right in front me all time but I didn't notice it. Augustus was the greatest emperor of the Roman Empire, owning almost all of europe. People loved him. People feared him. It's the same with Allegri, although we know him better as Euromaxx. Allegri, greatest coach in the world at the moment, people love him. People fear him. We need to understand that. Allegri 4 life

And why my female friend keep calling Allegri for Peter North I dont need to figure out.

290, 290, 290, 290, 290... +24
    Honor, Sacrifice, Loyalty

Cash
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero_Aus View Post
    30 years ago today

RIP to the 39 Juventus fans who went to watch a game of football, and never came home.

Sad bro

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri7 View Post
    Win the Champions league again, and dedicate it to them.

ಠ_ಠ
    <|>
    /ω\

Cash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    What I find crazy is that many people don't realise juventini died over there.. Retarded $#@!s commenting on Facebook with "you never walk alone" when heysel is mentioned.. I remember it as clear as day when we played liverpool and our supporters were turning around with their back towards the field sticking both middle fingers in the air.. $#@! liverpool.. Forza juve.. If we win the championsleague.. We should definitely dedicate it to them
    Forza Juve.. Vinci Per Noi

Cash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by petersmit View Post
    What I find crazy is that many people don't realise juventini died over there.. Retarded $#@!s commenting on Facebook with "you never walk alone" when heysel is mentioned.. I remember it as clear as day when we played liverpool and our supporters were turning around with their back towards the field sticking both middle fingers in the air.. $#@! liverpool.. Forza juve.. If we win the championsleague.. We should definitely dedicate it to them
    Ye this tragic story never gets enough coverage. People don't know of the horrors that happened that day and the animals that caused it.

Cash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Ridiculous that they carried on the match.