This is the best food because I say so thread (1 Viewer)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I eat any kind of food, love the different styles and tastes. As I've got older the list of things I don't like the taste of has decreased down to very little. Celery is one I can think of on its own, but as an ingredient, no problem.

I will even eat some of the really stodgy local 'delicacies' that you get around different parts of the UK; pies, pasties and the like. Just appreciate all the different tastes.

I eat a lot of seafood as well, it has to be said. I don't eat anything processed if possible (or I'm aware of), there is little need to.

I wouldn't even know where to start in terms of listing food.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah, I've eaten cooked ants and crickets. They didn't taste of much. But I can see more people eating insects in the future, great protein and plentiful.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
I eat any kind of food, love the different styles and tastes. As I've got older the list of things I don't like the taste of has decreased down to very little. Celery is one I can think of on its own, but as an ingredient, no problem.

I will even eat some of the really stodgy local 'delicacies' that you get around different parts of the UK; pies, pasties and the like. Just appreciate all the different tastes.

I eat a lot of seafood as well, it has to be said. I don't eat anything processed if possible (or I'm aware of), there is little need to.

I wouldn't even know where to start in terms of listing food.
I've found that with celery, nasty on its own but vital ingredient for a lot of cooking - I use to ignore it when recipe's called for it but now I put it in and i can see why lol.

I really don't like English/Welsh/Scottish food. Stodgy, nasty, etc. Its why im not too keen on pasta based food - too starchy, I eat a lot of wheat pasta now - high in fiber, low GI.

Talking about delicacies, I used to be a prude when it came to food but I found myself eating weird shit when i was travelling, especially in china - I ate a duck head (brains, eyes etc. ) pigs heart, cow brains etc. It wasn't as bad as you'd think and when you've done one the rest isn't a problem.

Brandmon

Juventuz irregular
Aug 13, 2008
Yeah, I've eaten cooked ants and crickets. They didn't taste of much. But I can see more people eating insects in the future, great protein and plentiful.
Yeah, that is likely. Will take quite some generations to overcome the established Western taboo though.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Also West & North African food is great. In The Gambia they make some rad stews and sauces, in morocco and tunisia i've had some lovely lamb based street food. and Cous Cous :D

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Crunchy. Depends what they eat.

Weirdest meat I ever tasted was kangaroo, it was like fishy beef.

---------- Post added 11.05.2012 at 11:50 ----------

I really don't like English/Welsh/Scottish food. Stodgy, nasty, etc. Its why im not too keen on pasta based food - too starchy, I eat a lot of wheat pasta now - high in fiber, low GI.
You must eat udon as well?

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
How were they? Wanting to try them out once I can the opportunity, donno what to expect :D
Nutty/chicken flavor , i had some sort of flying ant larves and crickets, a local delicacy :)

---------- Post added 11.05.2012 at 12:52 ----------

Kangaroo is nice, same goes for Antilope/Gazelle, Hippo and Crocodile :D

Fint

Aug 13, 2010

Kangaroo is quite nice I think. I've had springbok and crocodile, which were both very tasty.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009

I cook mostly with rice noodles, find them lighter on stomach - Udon is often served really really thick and im not too keen on that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)