I've got 99 hairy Luftballons but Led Zep ain't one (1 Viewer)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Led Zep are overrated thieves....so many better bands around than them and they only had two decent songs - d'yer maker and when the levee breaks.

At least Sheik was joking.

Lol everyone that doesn't like Zeppelin always said they stole their music. So who did Zeppelin steal No Quarter, Kashmir and The Rain Song off? (their best tracks imo) And it's not ok for Led Zeppelin to make their own version of a blues song because blues musicians NEVER do that right? :sergio: Not to mention, most of the songs that apparently ripped off to make their own versions (not like In My Time of Dying but covers are only for shit bands anyway :rolleyes:) don't even sound a like. The song that they supposedly ripped off for Stairway sounds NOTHING a like. A similar acoustic guitar tone and a few similar notes in the beginning and that's it. It's a 2 and a half minute instrumental for pete's sake.There's maybe a similar idea with the intro and that's it. But I hope you're not going to sit there and tell me that the musicians you listen to didn't lift ideas from other artists.

I guess it's just a case of tall poppy syndrome with Zeppelin.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Some thing better not to kid about :p

---------- Post added 16.03.2012 at 10:43 ----------

Lol everyone that doesn't like Zeppelin always said they stole their music. So who did Zeppelin steal No Quarter, Kashmir and The Rain Song off? (their best tracks imo) And it's not ok for Led Zeppelin to make their own version of a blues song because blues musicians NEVER do that right? :sergio: Not to mention, most of the songs that apparently ripped off to make their own versions (not like In My Time of Dying but covers are only for shit bands anyway :rolleyes:) don't even sound a like. The song that they supposedly ripped off for Stairway sounds NOTHING a like. A similar acoustic guitar tone and a few similar notes in the beginning and that's it. It's a 2 and a half minute instrumental for pete's sake.There's maybe a similar idea with the intro and that's it. But I hope you're not going to sit there and tell me that the musicians you listen to didn't lift ideas from other artists.

Just forget it, he is always right!

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009

Everytime you talk to/about me you're going to get the same responce - go fuck yourself.

You've never debated or spoken to me, yet you feel more than happy to constantly chip in with that bullshit argument "he's always right" - everyone think they are always right, thats the whole point of debating.

Go fuck yourself :tup:.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Led Zep are overrated thieves....so many better bands around than them and they only had two decent songs - d'yer maker and when the levee breaks. Also I look forward to the deity I don't believe in sending me to hell so I can suck satans cock for all eternity because of my lack of taste
:agree:

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Everytime you talk to/about me you're going to get the same responce - go fuck yourself.

You've never debated or spoken to me, yet you feel more than happy to constantly chip in with that bullshit argument "he's always right" - everyone think they are always right, thats the whole point of debating.

Go fuck yourself :tup:.
Because you always are right. Even when you loose you still are right.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Because you always are right. Even when you loose you still are right.
Go fuck yourself.

Uhuh and you can say that about anyone i debate with because we debate on subjective issues, no can ever be right in subjective issues....because they're subjective! When its objective and dealing with fact I don't see how I can be wrong, I can cite anything I say when its that kind of argument.

Also Nicola, i've been listening to alternative music from the late 50s - 80s since i was 11....do you really think that putting a youtube video of 'whole lotta love' is going to suddenly make me love a band that i've been disillusioned with for years? They wrote two good songs, mostly because page keeps his wailing shut on them. The rest is just bog standard blues rock, i'd rather listen to jimi/stones/steppenwolf/mtb/the guess who/canned heat any day.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Nikola*

It's not going to suddenly make you love them, I just posted it because I can't fathom a single individual with good taste not liking it.

Calling Zeppelin thieves and loving The Stones :howler:

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Blues music wouldn't exist without stealing, take a lick here, take a lick there and do something new with it. Can't remember which guitarist said it, but he was right. Everyone who picked up a guitar stole from Mr. Johnson anyway.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Nikola*

It's not going to suddenly make you love them, I just posted it because I can't fathom a single individual with good taste not liking it.

He's right though. He always is.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Nikola*

:shifty: - the stones achknowledge everyone that influenced them, all of the covers they played etc. etc. Keith goes into extreme detail about all of the blues artists he met on the road, all of the big blues guitarists he met and discussedthere playing style with them etc. etc. in his autobiography. The stones are fucking authentic and a generation of music before led zep.

---------- Post added 16.03.2012 at 12:19 ----------

Go fuck yourself

---------- Post added 16.03.2012 at 12:21 ----------

Blues music wouldn't exist without stealing, take a lick here, take a lick there and do something new with it. Can't remember which guitarist said it, but he was right. Everyone who picked up a guitar stole from Mr. Johnson anyway.
Sure about that? Mr Johnson wasn't that famous until the mid 1960s and wasn't the icon he is today until the stones covered 'Love In Vain' in the late 60s. Muddy Waters, Chuck Berry & Howlin' Wo;f had a much bigger influence on the development of blues rock.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Sure about that? Mr Johnson wasn't that famous until the mid 1960s and wasn't the icon he is today until the stones covered 'Love In Vain' in the late 60s. Muddy Waters, Chuck Berry & Howlin' Wo;f had a much bigger influence on the development of blues rock.
You so missed my point.

OP
ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #14

Wanna reply to this Jasper or you won't because you can't admit you're wrong as always.

Yeah who am I kidding.

Go fuck yourself.

Uhuh and you can say that about anyone i debate with because we debate on subjective issues, no can ever be right in subjective issues....because they're subjective! When its objective and dealing with fact I don't see how I can be wrong, I can cite anything I say when its that kind of argument.

Also Nicola, i've been listening to alternative music from the late 50s - 80s since i was 11....do you really think that putting a youtube video of 'whole lotta love' is going to suddenly make me love a band that i've been disillusioned with for years? They wrote two good songs, mostly because page keeps his wailing shut on them. The rest is just bog standard blues rock, i'd rather listen to jimi/stones/steppenwolf/mtb/the guess who/canned heat any day.
    Bog standard blues rock? Are you deaf? I think all those artists you listed classify as 'standard' blues rock more than Zeppelin does. You are actually retarded dude. You say Led Zeppelin sucks because they lifted from other blues artists and play standard blues rock but what do you think all those artists you listed did? Every single fucking blues/rock artist has lifted and does lift ideas, riffs, licks etc from other artists. There's nothing wrong with it and you're in denial/an imbecile if you think those artists you listed don't.

Nikola*

Well he has mental issues.

:agree: Fucking exactly 100% right.

:agree:

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    You so missed my point.
    No I didn't, I just gave you the artists that had more of their licks nicked. The point with led zep is that they stole whole sections of songs, didn't achknowledge the original author, didn't pay for it and claimed they wrote it.

Im going to uni now, this isn't over.

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #17
    :shifty: - the stones achknowledge everyone that influenced them, all of the covers they played etc. etc. Keith goes into extreme detail about all of the blues artists he met on the road, all of the big blues guitarists he met and discussedthere playing style with them etc. etc. in his autobiography. The stones are fucking authentic and a generation of music before led zep.

So it's ok for the Stones to do it and not Zeppelin. Sounds like double standards to me.

Can you even read/understand english?

You so missed my point.
    He sure did or just can't handle the truth.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    No I didn't, I just gave you the artists that had more of there licks nicked. The point with led zep is that they stole whole sections of songs, didn't achknowledge the original author, didn't pay for it and claimed they wrote it.
    I told you he was right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)