Turning Japanese (1 Viewer)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
ligue-1-honda-et-kagawa-pistes-par-le-psg-221711.jpg

I know we are supposed to discuss 'notable league' :)rolleyes:) players here, but considering the emergence of Japanese players into Europe in recent years, and taking into account our non-EU regulations, I'll do a run down of the current young J. League Japanese talents who have not already been snapped up by European clubs.

Index

Hiroki Sakai (Kashiwa Reysol >>> Hannover 96)
Hiroshi Kiyotake (Cerezo Osaka >>> 1. FC Nürnberg)
Naoki Yamada (Urawa Reds)
Yuji Ono (Yokohama F-Marinos >>> Standard Liège)
Genki Haraguchi (Urawa Reds)
Yuya Kubo (Kyoto Sanga)
Akimi Barada (Kashiwa Reysol)
Yosuke Kashiwagi (Urawa Reds)
Junya Tanaka (Kashiwa Reysol)
Hideki Ishige (Shimizu S-Pulse)
Gaku Shibasaki (Kashima Antlers)

---------- Post added 22.02.2012 at 11:50 ----------

Hiroki-Sakai-111208-Dribbles-G-300.jpg

Hiroki Sakai 酒井 宏樹 - Kashiwa Reysol
Position: DR (DC, DL, MR)
Height: 1.83m
Weight: 70kg

Extremely direct and wiry attacking fullback, his technique looks sound in dribbling, passing and crossing. Is physically strong for his position, and he often shows it in direct tussles both on the ground and in the air. He also has considerable speed both with and without the ball. He would ideally be used in a similar position to Maggio at Napoli. I don't think he would have many problems dealing with the more physical side of European football. Tactically he would need some work.

Brazilian club Santos were so impressed when they played against him that they tried to sign him, but he has stayed put for now.

---------- Post added 22.02.2012 at 11:51 ----------

Hiroshi Kiyotake 清武 弘嗣 - Cerezo Osaka
Position: AM (RM, LM)
Height: 1.72m
Weight: 63kg

Intelligent attacking midfield player who has vision that you cannot teach, as well as the technique to execute passes and get off shots from various ranges and angles. He battles hard for his size and will often wriggle away from defenders with his low gravity and close control. His speed is fairly good, but his acceleration and quick feet are more useful to escape opponents in short bursts. Like many Japanese midfielders he has a fairly decent weaker foot also.

I believe Stuttgart and a couple of other German teams are interested in him, I'd be surprised if Cerezo hold onto him past this summer.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #4
    I've put bits in that thread before but they get swamped and lost, I'll be updating this over time.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #8
    news_5383_1.jpg

Naoki Yamada 山田 直輝 - Urawa Red Diamonds
    Position: AM (CM)
    Height: 1.66m
    Weight: 64kg

Classic playmaking midfielder who is more comfortable as an attacker than a withdrawn midfield role, due to his restrictive physique. He's small even by Japanese standards, but also extremely agile and hard to tackle cleanly, so he draws a lot of fouls. His vision is excellent, seeing passes an average player would not. His delivery is also good from set pieces and in open play, both on the ground and in the air. Defensively he has a lot of spirit but is not particularly useful because of his size, which also affects him in direct duals for the ball. He's more of an assist man than a goalscorer, even if he wrongly thinks he has the tools for the latter.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #9

Yuji Ono 小野 裕二 - Yokohama F-Marinos
    Position: CF
    Height: 1.70m
    Weight: 60kg

Flew onto the scene in the 2010 season with some great goals and games aged just 17, his progress was a little slower for 2011 but still impressive in a better side. He already has the number 10 shirt for one of the biggest sides in Japan and talent to match. Plays as a second striker and more a scorer of great goals than great goalscorer. He likes dribbling but often makes the right pass and has intelligence around the area. Another who seems to wriggle through challenges despite his size. He won't beat many physically, but the ball sticks to him. Great acceleration, and his dribbling at speed is his most dangerous asset.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
    Watched Sakai in the clubs world cup, i was really impressed, he'll be one of the best RB in the world if he manages to move to the right club in Europe.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #12
    Well if you are talking about slang then I'm not going to disagree with that, that is whatever you want it to be.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #13
    142664_hp.jpg

Genki Haraguchi 原口 元気 - Urawa Red Diamonds
    Position: SS (WF, LM, AM)
    Height: 1.77m
    Weight: 63kg

He's been playing in the Reds team since he was 17 and has improved a lot in the last few years, adding some goals to his game. The kid just likes to run and run with the ball and has the control at speed, and acceleration to pull it off. He's not as refined as some with his use of the ball, but his extra height and drive makes him more attractive to potent buyers, particularly for a side that uses three forwards.

He's on the fringes of the main Japan squad now and has been linked to Napoli. He's already said his aim is to play in Europe, not immediately but in the next couple of years.

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    This is awesome Jay, thanks. I've always been interested in knowing whats going on in the Japanese league since they've had some great players come over to Europe.

Also, the Mike Haveenar story is kinda cool. Its the other way around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)