[NFL] Super Bowl XLVI - New York Giants v New England Patriots (1 Viewer)

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
thanks, Dru :tup:

I thought the giants were being favoured in this game, though? :p ... And Gronk will be far from 100% too, if he plays at all ... and this giants team is better than the one that beat a better pats team back in 2007 ... I reckon this calls for at least 2.15/2.25 on the pats :D

Hope you aint playing some jinxing voodoo magic on the pats with you being a giants fan and all :D

OP
.zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #6
    The Giants were never favored since its a 4 seed vs a 1 seed.

and stop it with the propoganda on why NY will win! :D

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005
    hey, you said it yourself that the G-men were slight favs after the AFC and NFC title games ... and they did beat the pats at Gillette nonetheless during the season, when the pats had a healthy Gronk while the giants were missing Nicks and Bradshaw ... if that doesn't call for a 2.25 on the pats, at the very least, I don't know what else would :D

and, yes, it's more than obvious you are using your bookie powers to jinx the pats ... I am even gonna print some pamphlets to let everyone here know :p

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005
    well, the general consensus among fans and experts seems to be that the Giants are the favs even if the odds are slightly in favour of the Patriots - Dru here is just trying to jinx the pats, hence the way-too-big-a-gap in the odds here :p

winning this type of games has more to do with being mentally ready for it, though, than talent of the team and such

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005
    WΏΏdy;3502688 said:
    Wait, what? By Pats you do mean New England Patriots right? According to the odds they are the favourites, no? :confused:
    well, they are the favs according to the odds - officially, the Giants are a 2pt underdog, iirc, meaning they give it to be really, really close game. 6-7/10 people (fans, football experts, etc) including myself, however, would say that the Giants are favs in this game - playing their best football at the right moment, having a more talented team, better defense, maybe even better offense too, etc, etc.

The Giants beat the Pats away during the regular season; the Pats will have their most dominant offensive player limited for this game due to injury, while the Giants will have two very important players, who missed the regular season game, back and ready for this one; The Pats defense is known to be very poor vs a passing offense and the Giants are one of the best in the whole league in that regard ... for such reasons, many seem to think the Giants are in fact the favs in the game.

The odds in favour of the Pats are mostly due to seeding ranking in the playoffs and regular season stats, which don't mean jack really. Quite frankly, the only thing the Pats may have on the Giants is the past record of their coach and QB and that's where the Pats' chances of winning today lie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)