PC Issues thread (1 Viewer)

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
I suggest we make a thread to get answers on issues we have with our PC.

My dad has a problem with his laptop.
Everytime he presses the keypad (in his case, number 3), the internet browser starts, it doesn't matter if I have IE or Firefox as preferred browser active, it does this for both.
Anyone know how I can turn this off (and no, I don't want to hear that I need to use the other 3 above the letters) :p

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
chester

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
  • Thread Starter #6
    There is no need for this thread as there is one solution for all the problems

GET LINUX
    :lol:
    I am already glad he has a PC, learning all the Windows stuff was enough of a problem, let's not go to far with this.
    try to press Fn button + number 3 in the same time
    is the browser start?
    Will give it a try later today when I am back home.

OP
    chester

chester

Too busy to bother
    May 20, 2006
  • Thread Starter #8
    try to press Fn button + number 3 in the same time
    is the browser start?
    the problem is solved, appearently, somehow, my dad found the way to set the 3 on the numpad as a quick key for the internet browser.

This can be solved by pressing the RMB on the shortcut on the desktop icon of the browser, then you have to go to properties and there there is an option for a fast button (don't know how it is calle din english) and even though it stated that none was set, by setting the 3 there, and then removing it again, it solved the problem.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    :lol:
    I am already glad he has a PC, learning all the Windows stuff was enough of a problem, let's not go to far with this.

Will give it a try later today when I am back home.
    No one is going far, Linux is simpler than any other operating system contrary to popular belief.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    Is there a way I can wipe my whole computer and install Linux in it? I saw the Ubuntu demo and it looked really cool.

tyouto

catenaccio
    Aug 8, 2011
    the problem is solved, appearently, somehow, my dad found the way to set the 3 on the numpad as a quick key for the internet browser.

This can be solved by pressing the RMB on the shortcut on the desktop icon of the browser, then you have to go to properties and there there is an option for a fast button (don't know how it is calle din english) and even though it stated that none was set, by setting the 3 there, and then removing it again, it solved the problem.
    ;)

ubuntu kubuntu xubuntu edubuntu :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)