The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003

Date of birth 28 January 1993 (age 18)
Place of birth Agogo, Ashanti, Ghana
Height 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)
Weight 80 kg
Playing position Striker​

Richmond Yiadom Boakye (play /bʊɑːˈtʃiː/ buuah-chee) (born 28 January 1993 in Agogo) is a Ghanaian professional footballer who plays for Serie B club Sassuolo in Italy (on loan from Genoa of Serie A and its Primavera U20 team) also in Italy.

Biography

Boakye started his career with Bechem United[2] and in 2008 went to Vicenza, Italy for a tournament; he was scouted by Genoa, and remained in Italy.[1]

He played in the Primavera U20 Youth League in the 2009–10 season.[3]

On 3 April 2010, Boakye made his Serie A debut, against bottom club Livorno. He substituted for David Suazo in the 13th minute and scored the opening goal, but the game ended in a 1–1 draw.[4]

On 2 May, he played in his second match, substituting for Giuseppe Sculli in the 71st minute. That match was also the debut match of Boakye's countryman, Isaac Cofie, but Genoa lost to Bari 0–3 and finished in 8th place or below, failing to qualify for the UEFA Europa League.

On 21 June 2011, Ghana youth striker Richmond Boakye-Yiadom has agreed a loan deal to join Italian Serie B side Sassuolo next season.[5]

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2
    Welcome Richmond! 6 months later after this thread was made. :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I liked what I saw from him last year in Sassuolo, from the several matches that I had seen him play, especially considering that aside from Sansone, that team was bereft of talent.

Not particularly fast, adn surprisingly for a player of his height, not all that good on headers, but he's got decent lateral movement, can find space, with a quick and compact shot, and not above being somewhat cheeky at times.

Not a bad investment at all in a 19 year old, but still has a couple of years to go

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #12
    He's gonna be our Zalayeta. I can see him score important goals in the CL in the not so distant future.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #17
    I said important goals in the CL FUCK!!! NOT SKILLS!!!

:p

---------- Post added 11.07.2012 at 16:22 ----------

in English please, don't speak Canadian.
    sfdsgfbnrtegt gsg sg3e gssgsg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)