Our central midfield (3 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
After today's performance, its pretty clear that we'll go as far as our 3 midfielders take us. Let's talk about our midfield. Are they the big reason why we're so good right now? Would we even be half as good if it weren't for Vidal, Pirlo and Marchisio? And, are they one of the best midfields in Europe right now, if not the best?

The best thing about our midfield? Marchisio and Vidal are born 86 and 87. They're just getting started baby.

Whatever it is, I just thought our magnificent midfield deserved their own thread. I'm sure they'll have plenty of good performances together in the future we could talk about.

Juventus' new pride :mark:

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 22, 2007
Half the forum predicted that we'd be using three centre midfielders this season (despite the 4-4-2 Conte had been using) because it will be the strength of the team, and probably the most complete position for Juventus.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Pirlo - the orchestrator, the calm in the storm, the maestro.

Vidal - the warrior, the never say die spirit, the enforcer.

Marchisio - the heart, the passion, the soul.

they are a perfect fit, even when one is not there it just isn't the same.

Jul 1, 2010
Our midfield is mainly our main strenght and I am glad that we have a CM who scores a lot(Marchisio). However, I do think that we will need a right forward who can score as well as assist, someone like Jovetic would be perfect.

Most of our goals are coming from either Matri or Marchisio and this is why we need a right forward to play in Pepe's place who can score quite a few goals.

Pepe is playing well at the moment but we will really need a classy player ton start ahead of him.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Pirlo - the orchestrator, the calm in the storm, the maestro.

Vidal - the warrior, the never say die spirit, the enforcer.

Marchisio - the heart, the passion, the soul.

they are a perfect fit, even when one is not there it just isn't the same.
Pepe - the grinta, the workrate, the troll :D

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
One of the best midfields in Europe. But we need someone to take Pirlo's place pretty soon.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Oh fuck, it said "central" midfield, my bad :)

Well, technically, Pepe did play centre midfield against Napoli, though :p

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
the main reason why it is so successful is that our midfield is more mobile than it has been for years, having the mobility of both marchisio and vidal allows pirlo that freedom to pass the ball into space created by those 2. Im not surprised at how well these 3 have combined, it was the main reason why i was praying for Vidal more so than inler.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
the main reason why it is so successful is that our midfield is more mobile than it has been for years, having the mobility of both marchisio and vidal allows pirlo that freedom to pass the ball into space created by those 2. Im not surprised at how well these 3 have combined, it was the main reason why i was praying for Vidal more so than inler.
Fuck yeah..

Vidal >>>>>>>>>>>>> Inler

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Our midfield is mainly our main strenght and I am glad that we have a CM who scores a lot(Marchisio). However, I do think that we will need a right forward who can score as well as assist, someone like Jovetic would be perfect.

Most of our goals are coming from either Matri or Marchisio and this is why we need a right forward to play in Pepe's place who can score quite a few goals.

Pepe is playing well at the moment but we will really need a classy player ton start ahead of him.
I agree with this. And it would make for Vucinic's inconsistent end product.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
I remember so well people claiming our (hypothetical, by the time/summer) midfield would be so much better with Vidal, Pirlo and Melo. Yes, because Pirlo needs two body guards or he won't produce!!! And Marchisio is a ghost that just performs in the big games and should've been sold to one of our rivals!! :lol:

It was obvious since the beggining that 4-3-3 was the way to go and I'm just glad Conte realised that. This midfield can be easily top5 material in europe. I had already stated it in the past, but well, I guess people just preferred to underrate what we really have. Same happened to Marchisio, but nevermind, let's move on. We wouldn't be in the first place if it weren't for this midfield, no. As a matter of fact, this is the only point we don't need to improve once we get CL (depth apart).

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
If you combined our midfield with Milan's forward line that would be a brilliant 5/6 players up front.
The difference between Juve and Milan, in my opinion, can be summed up in one word: Ibrahimovic.

If he had been out of the picture, our squads would be evenly matched.

Some of you are gonna say, but they have Pato. I reply: We have Marchisio.

It's Ibra who is the difference.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
The difference between Juve and Milan, in my opinion, can be summed up in one word: Ibrahimovic.

The difference between Milan and Juve right now is that Milan can coast against the smaller teams and still consistently scrape wins without even playing that well. We haven't really shown that yet.

hudick

Sep 18, 2006

I agree. Ibra is player who can win a match by himself. And this is something which is very useful against small teams like Cesena.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)