Euro 2012 draw - LIVE (1 Viewer)

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
The group-draw for Euro 2012 starts 18:00 CET.

Seedings:

Pot 1: Spain, Netherlands, Poland*, Ukraine*

Pot 2: Germany, Italy, England, Russia

Pot 3: Croatia, Greece, Portugal, Sweden

Pot 4: Denmark, France, Czech Republic, Republic of Ireland

-------

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
Ukraine, Italy, Sweden, Denmark
everyone remember?

Gianluigi Buffon has launched a scathing attack on the two Scandinavian nations that played out a 2-2 draw to eliminate Italy.

“It was a shameful way to qualify,” snapped the goalkeeper after a futile 2-1 win over Bulgaria. “I am not worried about saying it was positively shocking, because this was done by two nations who had a reputation for fair play.”

Denmark and Sweden knew that a high-scoring draw of 2-2 or above would automatically see both neighbouring nations through at the expense of the Azzurri.

They had assured there would be no Scandinavian stitch-up and claimed the Italians saw conspiracies everywhere they went.

“I now understand that we are forever pointing out our own faults,” added a livid Buffon, “but at the end of the day the other nations are even worse.”

Italy were forced to wait on this result after drawing their opening two Group games with Denmark and Sweden.

“This is another element we must look at,” continued the Juventus man. “We have never lost a single game in Euro 2004 and yet we go out. The 0-0 with the Danes was our worst performance, but with Sweden we conceded a simply incredible goal from out of the blue. It feels as if we have paid a heavy price.”

Some pundits are sniping at the Azzurri’s fury and claim in their place they would also have played for a 2-2 draw.

“In all honesty,” assured Buffon, “I wouldn’t have done that. It would have meant losing your dignity as a professional, and especially being a goalkeeper I’d never have wanted to concede two goals.”

Denmark’s passage was sealed by two strikes from Milan forward Jon Dahl Tomasson, so what will Buffon say when he meets up with his Serie A opponent next season?

“I’d tell him that football is like a giant wheel that turns endlessly, so sooner or later it’ll come round again.”

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Most teams would ask for an easier group, but for Italy they are just as well getting a hard one.

For England getting an easier group would be beneficial...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)