Dec 31, 2008

Full name : Marco Reus
Date of birth : 31 May 1989 (age 22)
Place of birth : Dortmund, Germany
Playing position : Midfielder/Forward
Height : 1.80m
Weight : 70 kg
Number : 11

Marco Reus (born 31 May 1989 in Dortmund) is a German footballer who currently plays for German Bundesliga club Borussia Mönchengladbach.

Career
Reus started to play football for his hometown club Post SV Dortmund in 1995 and joined the youth ranks of Borussia Dortmund in 2003. He played for Borussia Dortmund until he left for the U-19 of Rot Weiss Ahlen in the summer of 2006. During his the first year there the attacking midfielder was featured in five games for the clubs second team which played in the Westphalia league at the time. He scored a goal in each of his first two games. The following year he was able to break into Ahlens first team which played in the German third division at the time. He started twice and was featured in 14 matches, scoring two times. One of his goals came on the last day of the season and helped his team being promoted to the 2. Bundesliga.

In 2008–09 the then 19 year old had his definitive breakthrough as a professional football player. He played in 27 games and scored 4 times. On 25 May 2009 he signed a 4 year contract with Bundesliga club Borussia Mönchengladbach.

On 28 August 2009 Reus scored his first Bundesliga goal in a game against FSV Mainz after a 50m solo run, and since then became a prolific goalscorer for his club under Lucien Favre.

At the start of the 2011–2012 season, Reus began the season in fine form scoring seven goals in twelve matches which lead to rumours of a possible transfer to English side Arsenal.

Reus' contract with Gladbach is set to expire in 2015, but his deal reportedly has a buy-out clause of €18 million, which will take effect in the summer of 2012.

International career
Reus earned his first call-up to the Germany national under-21 football team in August 2009 and made his debut in a friendly match against Turkey national under-21 football team on 11 August 2009. On 6 May 2010 he earned his first call-up to the Germany national football team for a friendly match against Malta national football team on 14 May 2010. On 11 May 2010 he withdrew from the squad due to a leg injury picked up in the last game of the season against Bayer Leverkusen. On October 7, 2011 he made his debut against Turkey.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Tommy
Dec 31, 2008
  • Thread Starter #2
    Great talent. Will fit in a 4-3-3, 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1. Will be great if we can sign him.

tyouto

catenaccio
    Aug 8, 2011
    still have 4 years contract with gladbach, thought deal
    probably will be 2nd krasic, probably will be 2nd abate
    i like him since recruit for my master league on PES2010 :D, and he's good :p

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
    These young Germans have some Italian first names.

Marco Reus
    Mario Gotze

I hope that's Italian enough for Marotta. :)

blondu

Grazie Ale
    Nov 9, 2006
    well first of all gladbach's team depends on him and he provides goals and assists..2nd he's a la lingua fellow...likes to get his tongue out when he scores..3rd the boy has both his feet, he can shoot pass and make a great first touch with both his legs. 4th and last, after he receives of gives a pass you can see him in the center of the pitch..he won't run only on the flanks and cross, he will be seen finishing the play. on these appreciations i hope some of our scouts are looking in germany because him, marin, gotze, kroos, draxler, ter stegen, tasci, derdiyok, schurrle are waiting

tyouto

catenaccio
    Aug 8, 2011
    blʘndu;3424195 said:
    well first of all gladbach's team depends on him and he provides goals and assists..2nd he's a la lingua fellow...likes to get his tongue out when he scores..3rd the boy has both his feet, he can shoot pass and make a great first touch with both his legs. 4th and last, after he receives of gives a pass you can see him in the center of the pitch..he won't run only on the flanks and cross, he will be seen finishing the play. on these appreciations i hope some of our scouts are looking in germany because him, marin, gotze, kroos, draxler, ter stegen, tasci, derdiyok, schurrle are waiting
    :tup:

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
    I want him here sooooo badly here! But not as badly as I want Balo.

Him+Hummels would be a dream cum tru! Give him the #11 Marotta!!

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    His fixed transfer fee does change over time. Just heard that on German TV. before his 3 game goal streak he did not score for more than 700 minutes. So performance wise he is just like Pepe ... having a good run. Hell, even the last goal of his was similar to Pepes goal where her plays a 1-2 with the opponent ... Or just getting the ball out of luck in pepes case
    Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)