Wanna go to Jail or Church? (1 Viewer)

Apr 15, 2006
Authorities say non-violent offenders in Bay Minette, Ala. now have a new choice: Go to jail, or go to church every Sunday for a year.

The city judge will let misdemeanor offenders choose to work off their sentences in jail and pay a fine; or go to church every Sunday for a year.

If offenders select church, they will be allowed to pick the place of worship but must check in weekly with the pastor and the police department.

If the one-year church attendance program is completed successfully, the offender's case will be dismissed.

-------------------

What do you think?

Buy on AliExpress.com

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
I think for those crimes its a good option keep the jail population down save tax money and possibly save a soul. I mean they get to choose and choose which place of worship so it can be whatever faith I presume.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I think for those crimes its a good option keep the jail population down save tax money and possibly save a soul. I mean they get to choose and choose which place of worship so it can be whatever faith I presume.
Yea I'm sure Bay Milnette Alabama is full of non-christian centers of worship.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Can I go to church instead of paying my taxes?

I mean, if I can go to jail for not paying my taxes, it cuts out the middleman right there and saves the system loads of money.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
This is still fucking stupid.

If there are too many people in jail stop putting so many people in jail for fucking stupid ass reasons.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
I wanna strangle you Dhee for starting this. :andy2:

Church or jail is the most utter bullshit I've ever heard of....we should blow this whole fucking planet away and I would be proud of it.

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
The likely hood of that is probably low but even if they are the frequency of attendance is probably low so this would be mandatory and 52 straight weeks
I can see the likelihood of them being frequent attenders as being low, given low church attendance in general, but the likelihood of them being a person of faith is very high.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)