Hulk (1 Viewer)

Amash

Mar 31, 2005

Full name Givanildo Vieira de Souza
Date of birth 25 July 1986 (age 25)
Place of birth Campina Grande, Brazil
Height 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)
Playing position Striker / Winger

Givanildo Vieira de Souza (born 25 July 1986), aka Hulk, is a Brazilian footballer who plays for F.C. Porto in the Portuguese first division. Mainly a right winger, he can also operate as a striker.

As his nickname suggests, Hulk's strength and stocky build are considered his foremost attributes, along with speed, acceleration, and a powerful shot. However, its origins stem from when he received the nickname Hulk due to his resemblance to actor Lou Ferrigno, who played the comic book hero. [1]

Brazil and Japan

Hulk was born in Campina Grande, Paraíba. After rarely settling as a youth, he started playing professionally with Esporte Clube Vitória in Salvador, Bahia, then emigrated on loan to Japan to play for Kawasaki Frontale. Despite having been purchased months later, he was loaned to second division Consadole Sapporo, where he played all the 2006 season, scoring 25 goals, one less than the top scorer.

In 2007, Hulk was loaned again to a second division team, Tokyo Verdy, where he was even more effective, scoring 37 goals in 42 matches and being the top goalscorer of the season. He briefly returned to Kawasaki in 2008, but rejoined Verdy after only two matches.
[edit] Porto

After his stay in Japan, Hulk moved to Portugal and signed for defending champions F.C. Porto, who bought 50% of the player's rights for €5.5 million, from Uruguayan side C.A. Rentistas,[2] with the transfer fee being received by an unnamed investor.

When Moroccan teammate Tarik Sektioui got injured, he was given an opportunity to play forward and netted his first official domestic league goal for Porto in a 2–0 home win against C.F. Os Belenenses, later adding against F.C. Paços de Ferreira (same venue and result), both as a second-half substitute. As the season advanced, he became an undisputed starter, forming an attacking trio with Cristian Rodríguez and Lisandro López, with the trio often shifting positions. After some stellar performances in the season's UEFA Champions League, he was elected as one of the Top 10 Rising Stars by UEFA.[3] In late August 2009, he extended his contract to June 2014, with a buy-out clause increased to €100 million.[4]

In the 2009–10 season, Hulk firmly established as an automatic first-choice. However, following a 20 December 2009 tunnel brawl during the league loss at S.L. Benfica (0–1), he received a four-month ban (if the disciplinary hearing upheld the ban, he faced up to three years on the sidelines), only for the domestic competitions.[5] The ban was later reduced to four matches, and the player returned to league action on March 28, 2010, scoring in a 3–0 win at Belenenses; one week later, he also found the net, in a 4–1 home victory over C.S. Marítimo; with six less matches played than the previous season, he ended with five league goals.

Hulk started the 2010–11 season in impressive fashion, scoring sixteen times in his first sixteen official matches, including a hat-trick against K.R.C. Genk for the UEFA Europa League's playoff stage, on 26 August 2010 (4–2 home win, 7–2 on aggregate). From September to January he won the Portuguese Championship Player of the Month, making him the only player to have won the award six times; on 7 November 2010, he scored the last two goals as Porto trounced Benfica 5–0 at home, creating a 10-point difference between the two teams,[6] with the northerners leading the league, and eventually winning it, with the player leading the goalscoring charts.

On 13 May 2011 Porto paid €13.5 million to Rentistas for another 40 percent of Hulk's sporting rights, bringing their total stake to 85%, with the player signing a deal until 2016 and with a buy-out clause of €100 million.[7] He finished the season with 36 goals in 53 official games, with his team winning three major titles, including a league/cup double.
[edit] International career

On 27 October 2009, Hulk was called up for the first time to the Brazilian national team, for friendly matches against England and Oman.[8] He made his debut against the former, on 14 November, when he came on as a substitute in the 1–0 win, and also played the second half of the match against Oman.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Amash

Amash

Mar 31, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3
    His last season statistic:

This year also he started superb.

Has very powerful shot.

Absolutely complete player. Very fast, has great technique and drilling skills, playing good inside and outside the box, good with the header too...
    Would very much to see him in Juventus jersey.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    And who can't love his name?

Too bad some wanker club like Manchester Shitty is going to end up signing him soon enough. :sad:

OP
    Amash

Amash

Mar 31, 2005
  • Thread Starter #6
    True that, I hope that Financial Fair Play will change things.

What I also like about Hulk, apart from his outstanding football skills, is that he seems to be a very humble and feet to the ground person.

:D
    :D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    I love Hulk, I think he's an amazing player and I rate him very high. That was a steal from Porto but I suppose they will sell him for over 40mln. He kinda reminds me Rooney.

Even if 100mln was rejected when Anzhi offered, lol, that was insane.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Don't get the fuss around Hulk.

Very wasteful whenever I watch him and doesn't make use of his powerful physique as much as he ought to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)