New section - Announcements - Juventuz Forums

View Poll Results: Should this section be created?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, I think it would be useful

17 73.91%
  • No, no need for this

6 26.09%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New section

Cash
    Mentioned
    1851 Post(s)

New section

Hello everyone,

NOTE: This thread will be used to see if majority of posts think it's fine to have it. If people decide they like it I will make it happen (these days). This is just so we don't see some members crying all over the forum and saying how it wasn't necessary because I know some would love to troll around and bitch about it.

I had an idea while back but I didn't have much time to make it happen. So this is how it goes, I will be asking and answering questions.

Name of the section?

It's gonna be called 'Scout Section'. Reason itself hides behind the name, obviously. It will be explained further down.

What will be in there?

Basically it's going to work as 'Players Section', what we have already. It's just that we'll be able to create threads for players that are not Juve's.

Purpose?

Main thing is a focus on more activity during the seasons period. I'm pretty sure everybody has some players that he likes but he's not playing at Juve. It is possible to talk about this stuff in threads like Serie A, EPL and others, but it's too hard to do so especially if there are many people discussing other things. I think some members would be happy to have a thread for their players, such as Benzema, C.Ronaldo, Messi, Ibrahimovic etc. and that's what gave me this idea.

Talk about what there?

Mainly it's gonna consist of arguments and debates while of course it would be useful for news and youtube videos, their week display against X team etc.

Rules?

1) Only threads for players from top leagues can be opened. Top leagues in this case will be: Serie A, EPL, Bundesliga, La Liga, Ligue 1.

Why only those leagues?

Because other players aren't so known among other people so that thread would be low on posts and without real debates, arguments and such.

2) First post of the thread would look like the one from Players Section. Shortly, it's gonna contain a picture of player and his biography that's usually taken from Wikipedia.

--

Poll will be up, opinions down below are welcome.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1282 Post(s)
    I say go for it...and cause I said yes, you may proceed
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveJay View Post
    Oh I see you still don't understand football, my mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chocolate View Post
    I used to think they has like a special language like footballernese but then I realised that was fucking retarted

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nicholas's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    It'd be better to talk about lesser players. Any football fan knows how Ronaldo, Messi, Benzema etc play. It should be more about rising talents or players we'd not usually watch. Like Gotze for example.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1851 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
    It'd be better to talk about lesser players. Any football fan knows how Ronaldo, Messi, Benzema etc play. It should be more about rising talents or players we'd not usually watch. Like Gotze for example.
    I was only mentioning those players because just like Rab loves DP thread, some would love Ronaldo's.

And like I said, there would be various players from those top leagues. There's no rule to open threads for STARS only.

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nicholas's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dule90 View Post
    I was only mentioning those players because just like Rab loves DP thread, some would love Ronaldo's.

And like I said, there would be various players from those top leagues. There's no rule to open threads for STARS only.
    Oh sure. Still La Liga really only consists of those two players so that thread is enough

It's a good idea cause I have very little knowledge of the French and German leagues for examples.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1398 Post(s)
    Arent you worried this would take away activity from the threads of the respective leagues these players play in? Usually main reason to post on those threads, besides the games. But I say go for it, try and see how it goes.
    "Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

I may not agree with what you have to say but I will fight you to the death for the right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Cash
    Mentioned
    1851 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    Arent you worried this would take away activity from the threads of the respective leagues these players play in? Usually main reason to post on those threads, besides the games. But I say go for it, try and see how it goes.
    It can always be deleted but I don't think it will be necessary. I think league threads would be active, especially on the match day. But the day after we'd get to see more discussion in this section, providing link of goals/assist and regular debates. I think it would be easier to follow some discussions and follow players much more carefully as we'd have a full season discussion at one place.

Cash
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Sounds like a good idea. It has my vote.

Cash
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Why not just use the "Club football" section that we already have? Just stop stickying so many threads there because new threads always end up forgotten because you can't see them with all the sticky threads.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1851 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suns View Post
    Why not just use the "Club football" section that we already have? Just stop stickying so many threads there because new threads always end up forgotten because you can't see them with all the sticky threads.
    Because it would get too messy (not just messy, but it would look rather ugly), far too many threads at one section. It's much more clear this way I think.

A Rebel Without Applause Ford Prefect's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    I often find myself following clubs beause of players (from last season) - ie Porto - Hulk/Falcao, Anderlect - Lukaku, Lille - Eden Hazard/Gervinho etc. etc. So would be cool to debate players with other people that are interested in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salman Rushdie
    The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brooker
    It is shit, but sometimes its worth analysing shit to work out whats wrong with the medium as a whole

Cash
    Mentioned
    1105 Post(s)
    I'm in. I think it gives a way for people who want to track players -- and not necessarily because of some bogus rumor connecting them to Juve in the Transfers subforum.
    "Imagine what Lou Reed could have achieved if he'd spent his twenties on Twitter."
    -- Peter Kaplan, former editor-in-chief of The New York Observer, on Twitter

Cash
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    A thread about Taarabt Do it Dusan.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1643 Post(s)
    I say give it a go for a probationary period. Then do a post count, if it is used frequently enough then keep it, if not ditch it. Also it would be interesting to see how much traffic it draws from the League threads.
    Booty so strong, it put me in a wheel chair. - Stephen Hawking

Cash
    Mentioned
    1368 Post(s)
    Ban Cronios

Cash
    Mentioned
    1851 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post
    A thread about Taarabt Do it Dusan.
    I will most likely do it tomorrow.

I'll leave this open to get more feedback, so far it looks positive enough.

Cash
    Mentioned
    815 Post(s)
    I think its a very good idea. First thread i'll make is about a player i'm very interested in, and soon enough most of you will hear about him, because he's so talented(you'll love this Cheese) Younes Belhanda!!

Good idea, Dusan. I say go for it.
    for every action there is a reaction equal in magnitude and opposite in direction

Cash
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I think its a very good idea. First thread i'll make is about a player i'm very interested in, and soon enough most of you will hear about him, because he's so talented(you'll love this Cheese) Younes Belhanda!!

Good idea, Dusan. I say go for it.

Cash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Good idea, less talk more action, implement it now
    FORZA JUVE

Cash
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    I second this thought. I mean the only reason Ligue 1 is ever active sometimes is to talk about Hazard and such.
    ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO
    sono sempre al tuo fianco